Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip Of The Week?

20%
20%
40%
20%
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:32 am
Right it that time to get your votes in for this weeks winner

Usual rules as per normal, obviously you all know by now don’t vote for yourself. Vote will run for 2 day, can the winner please send me , PK1 or Saltmcgault
ONE sample/rules on Friday for the next round. As always all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks etc

FrankTheLyricalTank

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Null Sweat

Keith's Lard

Good luck fellas :smoker:
By Scrawny Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:17 am
Psychedelic you killed that second sample man, it'd be cool if you had some different transition for the last beat though.
By NearTao Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:23 pm
Lyrical Tank - Drums were knocking out of the gate… solid chops and progressions… but That farty horn… felt a little bit too disjointed… like two or three songs jammed together… which is kind of what the challenge was :lol: totally dig the energy
Psychedlic Schizophrenic - Yo that cake… I dig how you party! As always, really simple in the best way… transitions were sexy as all get out… something felt off for the kick to me… just sounded like it was in a different room from the first two sections of the track *shrug*… the atmosphere on track 3 though, the kick settled right in
Null Sweat - First section was brilliant! Almost a perfect drop into the second section… second section I dig the reversals and stuff… but it sounded a bit too jilted to me… last section so close… but I’m going to say it needed something, maybe a tweak to the mix?
Keith’s lard - Sustained background notes… cool trick, but felt a bit abused to me… transitions… woof… last beat though… freaking love it… damn dark and powerful

Good luck to all you monsters :D
By Elpimpo Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:10 pm
Frank had that immediate head cock -back impact om me

Psych, really digging your stuff

I actually had sumthin for this but it was trash, so I didn't
By pk1 Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:19 am

The tank was dope nice drums. really nice drums. Psych sample flip is top notch. had to listen to submissions a few times nice work y'all.
By saltmcgault Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:43 am
damn. i tried submitting my vote just now and it didn’t take it. everybody brought their best on the second sample imo. i was stuck between psych and tank. dope entries this round. Congrats on the W Null. Bring some heat so i can’t find an excuse not to participate with my procrastinating ass. :lol:
By pk1 Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:51 am
big props to Null
posting new battle now
By Null Sweat Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:58 am
Thanks yall. Fun round.

saltmcgault wrote:Bring some heat so i can’t find an excuse not to participate with my procrastinating ass.

Come on, man. You ain't nothing better to do. I was up in Iowa this time last year. It was a nasty mofo. :lol:
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:10 pm
Scrawny wrote:Psychedelic you killed that second sample man, it'd be cool if you had some different transition for the last beat though.

Thanks man, kinda off ran out of time so I didn't really get a chance to mess around with trying different transitions for the last beat

NearTao wrote:Psychedlic Schizophrenic - Yo that cake… I dig how you party! As always, really simple in the best way… transitions were sexy as all get out… something felt off for the kick to me… just sounded like it was in a different room from the first two sections of the track *shrug*… the atmosphere on track 3 though, the kick settled right in

Thanks NT, yeah I only noticed the kick after I threw up the vote. I just went back and loaded the project, lo and behold I had a little bandpass filter on the kick for the first two tracks. I must of accidentally switched it from the low pass filter :Sigh: That will teach me to just go straight to song mode and dump it into reaper to fade it out to hit 3 minutes without checking #rookiemistake

Elpimpo wrote:Psych, really digging your stuff

Thanks man appreciate it, makes me want to slap more pads :smoker:

pk1 wrote:Psych sample flip is top notch

Thanks PK, glad to see you back homie. I hope all is good :smoker:

saltmcgault wrote:Bring some heat so i can’t find an excuse not to participate with my procrastinating ass. :lol:

Stop slacking :lol: