MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By NicoPeks Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:46 pm
Hi,

I have recently bought a MPK Mini MK3 and it was sell with a package containing Hybrid 3, Velvet and mini grand.
So I have install everything starting by MPC beats. I have activate my licences in iLok.
Those plugins are launching correctly when I use the desktop shortcup separetely from MPC Beats.
But I don't manage to add them in MPC Beats...
I have tried to scan every possible folders, MPC Beats doesn't find those plugins.
I have read several topics about that but I haven't found the solution yet.
One thing that might help is that the .exe is in C:\Program Files\AIR Music Tech\Hybrid
And all the .tfx are in C:\Program Files (x86)\AIR Music Technology
MPC Beats is as well in C:\Program Files\

Thanks for your help!
By MPC-Tutor Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:35 pm
I'm on a mac, different folder structure.

Assuming your folder paths are correct, then I'm not sure what might be causing that other than random bugs. I know in the MPC Software some plugins flat refuse to appear, others initially don't work then one day suddenly appear.

This guy has an install video, might be worth double checking your paths etc.

By GuruVirus Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:16 pm
The default path in Windows for VST installations from MPC and AIR products is:
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\vstplugins
and
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\vstplugins
You can manually copy your DLL files over there if you want, too.

Put those two paths into two of the fields at the top of MPC Beats >> Edit >> Preferences >> Plugins
Then re-scan all.
By Pags Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:05 pm
Hi there,

I have the same issue, I bought presets from akai, all tfx files but I‘m unable to manage how to get them installed in MPC Studio.
Under preferences plugins it do not find these type of files. I‘m using a MAC.
Where do I have to save the tfx files in the program directory?

Thx a lot
By IRL_Loki Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:26 pm
I have the same problem in the MAC. I think it has something to do with activating the license using iLok account and software. you need to do that to licence them properly, but still issues seeing them as a plugin on the Mac
By charla Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:38 am
Same problem here. Installed and licensed with iLok, but wherever I point MPC Beats to look/scan it can never find the plugins. Nothing I have actually has a .vst extension (but maybe they aren't supposed to - sorry, noob status).

Would really appreciate someone helping out on this question!
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:09 am
If the advice given so far doesn't help then you should contact Akai support about this to troubleshoot this further, especially as all the problematic plugins are actually Akai plugins (well, Air plugins, which is effectively the same thing).

One thing I would say is that people just said they are 'on a Mac' or 'on Windows', that really doesn't help. You need to state the specific version of OS you are running. It's possible that the plugins themselves are not currently compatible with your OS. I notice that, for example, the Windows minigrand download in the akaipro account is NOT the latest version, and the latest 2021 version has fixes for Windows 10, perhaps this is one of the related issues.

https://www.airmusictech.com/product/mini-grand#updates
By James_Elmwood Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:34 am
GuruVirus wrote:The default path in Windows for VST installations from MPC and AIR products is:
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\vstplugins
and
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\vstplugins
You can manually copy your DLL files over there if you want, too.

Put those two paths into two of the fields at the top of MPC Beats >> Edit >> Preferences >> Plugins
Then re-scan all.

That worked! Thanks heaps... :-D