MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By RbFaV Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:16 pm
Hello, just started using MPC software and found an odd issue with some plugins where they don't show the GUI when loaded (drumsynth, tubesynth, bassline for example) whereas others do (the 809, hybrid).

Instead of the GUI, I get a list of adjustable bars.

Any ideas what's going on?

Cheers!
By 83dude Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:49 pm
RbFaV wrote:Hello, just started using MPC software and found an odd issue with some plugins where they don't show the GUI when loaded (drumsynth, tubesynth, bassline for example) whereas others do (the 809, hybrid).

Instead of the GUI, I get a list of adjustable bars.

Any ideas what's going on?

Cheers!

Try Program Edit.
By RbFaV Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:27 pm
Try Program Edit.

Excellent, thanks. Is there any way to undock the plugin?
By 83dude Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:00 pm
RbFaV wrote:
Try Program Edit.

Excellent, thanks. Is there any way to undock the plugin?

I actually don‘t think so. Prog Edit is usually shown on the hardware screens, but I don‘t think ir‘s undockable. Sorry.
By GuruVirus Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:00 am
To pop out a GUI-capable VST, there's this little icon on the left:

If the icon doesn't work, it looks like the Program Edit mode (Ctrl + 3) is the only way to see the rendered front-end for the plugin.
By Irek Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:58 am
OK, it works with instrument plugins but what about FX plugins?
By 83dude Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:31 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:There's no nice GUI for Air FX in the MPC Software (...).

That really put me off while I still used the MPC Renaissance. I always kind of liked AIR plugins for not being a „performance hog“, but the lack of a proper GUI really put me off.

That changed with the Live II, but as soon as I track out my projects, I occasionally tend to replace them with other plugins.