Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:21 pm
Congrats to Ajax on winning the last round, time to get this week round rocking :smoker:

Sample
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0c2j3wzb9zjf ... e.wav?dl=0

Rules
Folks can only use melodic elements from this sample. They can add bass, drums/percussion, FX, and vocal elements, but no other samples or synths.
Time limit 2:00 max.

As per normal your entry must have battle number 303 in track title and please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. The Battle deadline is midnight Tuesday the 16th of February

Stay safe guys :smoker:
By NearTao Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:51 am
Congrats on the win Ajax... totally dig the sample. This hits somewhere between Shiren the Wanderer/Monster Hunter for me :lol:

You want grime... that's an easy can do for me... will have to see where I go with this though. Really into the track... will have to muster something up :D
By Lampdog Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:35 pm
Undosequence wrote: :-D

Link fixed.
By Undosequence Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:52 pm
NearTao wrote:you want to use
Code: Select all[soundcloud]<your soundcloud url>[/soundcloud]

Edit: Nice flip, welcome to the BB :D

Thanks! I just listened back and realised how quiet the mix was, :shock:
I'm learning how to mix my mpc beats in Ableton and it seems I haven't learnt the making it loud part yet. :)
By NearTao Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:53 pm
If you're on the MPC X/One/Live... check out the Yorgos Mastering. I probably use it on about 40% of the tracks I do "in the box" as it were.

Ableton Live is also a great DAW... so definitely worth learning how to mix/master there as well.
By Undosequence Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:10 pm
NearTao wrote:If you're on the MPC X/One/Live... check out the Yorgos Mastering. I probably use it on about 40% of the tracks I do "in the box" as it were.

Ableton Live is also a great DAW... so definitely worth learning how to mix/master there as well.

Thanks for the advice but I’m on a 1000, I’ll probably move to a more modern mpc one day so I’ll retain the advice, but for now I’m really happy with my 1000 with jjos.
By NearTao Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:34 pm
+1 on that... the MPC 1k with JJOS is great... sad I sold mine off... hopefully it went to a happy home making lots of sick beats.
By Undosequence Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:18 pm
I know exactly what you mean, I've sold one in the past and totally regretted it, I absolutely love it, I'm no where near happy with my beats (never will be haha) but the speed level is another matter, I can't work as fast on anything as I can as a 1000 with JJ.
Fast beat making is an important thing for me these days now I've got 3 kids. :-D
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:37 pm
Wasn't feeling the sample at first then boom it clicked :smoker: All chopped, produced, mixed and mastered on the 2500 using just the sample, outside drums and an 808 for a bassline

Look forward to checking out how you guys flipped this :smoker: