Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By samuelsnail Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:16 am
Sup all! I have a MPC1000 (jjos) and want to get a footswitch pedal to use with it, mainly for workflow when recording in guitar within the looping feature (pad11). Unfortunately though I have zero expertise in knowing what to look for with pedals. Please help!

Would something like “Boss AB2” or “Boss FS-7” be right?
By quietizkept Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:13 pm
The only caveat on the above is that it needs to be momentary, not latching. Latching acts like a turbo button on a game controller on the 1k.
By Sense-A Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:27 pm
The way a foot switch works is the tip and sleeve are connected, or they are disconnected.

So you could take a 1/4" cable, cut one end off it, touch the wires, then untouch the wires and it would effectively do the same thing.

So on the other side you can wire up a foot switch, a toggle switch, or any other kind of switch or button that connects/disconnects the connection between two wires.

Some instruments allow you to use stereo foot switches.

JJOS2XL lets you assign either foot switch to any pad, Function button, or nearly any button on your MPC 1000. This doesn't seem all that useful to me, which is why I asked for a new version of JJOS to give us the option to assign the foot switches to sub-menu items or to something for which there is not already a button.