MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Dakar19 Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:34 pm
So if I upgraded to 2.0 thru the Renaissance, and updated to 2.2 (correct me if that is not possible for Renaissance) would I be able to disconnect the Ren and just use a Midi controller since that update allows use of any midi controller? And also, are you restricted to only the updates compatible with Ren, or can you disconnect Ren and update to latest MPC software version?
By quietizkept Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:25 pm
AFAIK they all work so far. My son's Studio runs the latest no problem. Can't see why the Ren wouldn't. Be aware of the USB 3 problem though, covered elsewhere on this site. My new MOBO doesn't even have USB 2.0 on it at all! My tower has only one (2.0 port) on the front. Not exactly ideal.

Also, you wouldn't have to unplug the Ren to use any other MIDI controller. Just plug 'er in, set 'er up & get busy! But once activated (via ilok) 2.0 just works. My Studio Silver had worked as a dongle in the 1.9 era but not now.

I still love the Ren. I love my X, but there is something great about that little blue screen. That's how the OGs did it. That's what my first 4 MPCs had.

Side note, I'm curious, when I get the rest of my pc parts, how this new USB 3.0 rev. 2 on my board will work with the X. The plugs are teal, not blue.

Anyway, rock all the way steady & cya around.
By quietizkept Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:27 pm
Actually I think a physical ilok may not be needed. Just the software should do it. I use mine to keep it simple for reinstalls. Peace!
By Dakar19 Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:35 pm
quietizkept wrote:AFAIK they all work so far. My son's Studio runs the latest no problem. Can't see why the Ren wouldn't. Be aware of the USB 3 problem though, covered elsewhere on this site. My new MOBO doesn't even have USB 2.0 on it at all! My tower has only one (2.0 port) on the front. Not exactly ideal.

Also, you wouldn't have to unplug the Ren to use any other MIDI controller. Just plug 'er in, set 'er up & get busy! But once activated (via ilok) 2.0 just works. My Studio Silver had worked as a dongle in the 1.9 era but not now.

I still love the Ren. I love my X, but there is something great about that little blue screen. That's how the OGs did it. That's what my first 4 MPCs had.

Side note, I'm curious, when I get the rest of my pc parts, how this new USB 3.0 rev. 2 on my board will work with the X. The plugs are teal, not blue.

Anyway, rock all the way steady & cya around.

Quietizkept...so the iLok was for the software upgrade right? Is that the same, as far as activation of the software, for the newer MPs?
By Dakar19 Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:37 pm
quietizkept wrote:Actually I think a physical ilok may not be needed. Just the software should do it. I use mine to keep it simple for reinstalls. Peace!

I think you answer my question, if I’d a scrolled a Lil mo....
By unready Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:10 am
Just to add to this, using MPC Ren with the latest MPC software 2.9 on USB 3.0 on a brand new high-end MSI mobo without any problems whatsoever.
By SakisX Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:02 am
unready wrote:Just to add to this, using MPC Ren with the latest MPC software 2.9 on USB 3.0 on a brand new high-end MSI mobo without any problems whatsoever.

Glad it worked ,at least , for you
Can you confirm that bug #3 doesn't affect you ?
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=187225
By unready Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:55 pm
SakisX wrote:
unready wrote:Just to add to this, using MPC Ren with the latest MPC software 2.9 on USB 3.0 on a brand new high-end MSI mobo without any problems whatsoever.

Glad it worked ,at least , for you
Can you confirm that bug #3 doesn't affect you ?
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=187225

Hey, yes - can confirm, I have the same bug! :( I guess it never bothered me that much, so I forgot about it
By SakisX Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:06 am
unready wrote:Hey, yes - can confirm, I have the same bug! :( I guess it never bothered me that much, so I forgot about it

Thanks, I thought it was some kind of usb-C to usb converter issue , although I'm curious if it works with the old classic usb2 port , maybe on windows 7 too
Since v3 is coming soon maybe you could send a bug report before v2 cycle ends to "unsupported"