Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Allin Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:48 pm
NearTao wrote:
Allin wrote:WTF is this? 10 audioclips only 1 bar each and memory is maxed out?
Is this normal? That’s ****!

It should not be maxed out... do you have other content loaded?

Nothing and no undo done.
Followed steps in the manual which should reduce RAM use when you get the first warning but number was the same. It actually went from 95% to 98% after the recommended steps.
By Lampdog Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:49 am
Was your audio mp3 that you loaded in? Yes, you are able to load mp3’s and upon loading the source file is converted and that file size might be what is eating up your memory. What is the format of files you loaded in?

You didn’t provide enough detail so I’m guessing....

By Allin Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:29 am
WAV files, only 1 bar length.

Each new audio clip eats 10% memory
By Lampdog Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:43 am
I feel like there are details missing, pieces of this story missing.
Are you willing to share the project for troubleshooting? If not no biggie.

I have an X.
By Allin Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:37 pm
Lampdog wrote:I feel like there are details missing, pieces of this story missing.
Are you willing to share the project for troubleshooting? If not no biggie.

I have an X.

No details missing, every sample takes 10% RAM I tested and every time this is the case.
After 8 you get the warning.
Akai themselves also say 8 is the max so you got a little bit extra room and can do 10 before reaching 100% load but that means no drums or anything except the 10 samples.
By EnochLight Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:51 pm
Yeah something is weird.. on Force you can get up to 8 audio tracks, 8 plug-in instrument tracks, and 128 Drum, Keygroup, or MIDI program tracks to a project. A project can have a maximum of 128 total tracks. You certainly can have more than 10 clips of audio (not to be confused with audio tracks), even at 1 bar length.