Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:17 pm
Congrats to Lampdog on the wining the last round, let's see what nugget he has picked for us to flip this week

Sample
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dc523lxpn6py6 ... e.wav?dl=0

Rules
Only use melodic elements from this sample. They can add bass, drums/percussion, FX, and vocal elements, but no other samples or synths.
Time limit 2:00 max.

As per normal your entry must have battle number 304 in track title and please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. The Battle deadline is midnight Tuesday the 23th of February

Safe stay guys :smoker:
By Lampdog Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:27 pm
:-D
By Undosequence Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:49 pm
The mix is all over the place but I don't have much time to work on it
That sample was a challenge (for me anyway!)
Hope I linked it up ok.
By Ajax Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:49 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:Congrats to Lampdog on the wining the last round, let's see what nugget he has picked for us to flip this week

Sample
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dc523lxpn6py6 ... e.wav?dl=0

Rules
Only use melodic elements from this sample. They can add bass, drums/percussion, FX, and vocal elements, but no other samples or synths.
Time limit 2:00 max.

As per normal your entry must have battle number 304 in track title and please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. The Battle deadline is midnight Tuesday the 23th of February

Safe stay guys :smoker:

LOL. That kick is gonna give me nightmares.
By Undosequence Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:07 pm
Sorry for all the messy posts, I listened to it back and realised how quiet it was so tried to make it a bitter louder.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:08 pm
Interesting choice of sample, had a quick play around today and made it sound utter crap :lol:

Undosequence wrote:Sorry for all the messy posts, I listened to it back and realised how quiet it was so tried to make it a bitter louder.

I've fixed the mess but your need to go back and edit your entry to cut it short as your 4 seconds over the limit man :smoker:
By dez perado Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:01 pm
filtered some bass out of the sample and made some ugly key-group sounds plus grabbed those drums of course...oh and added some piano notes.
By Undosequence Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:19 am
dez perado wrote:filtered some bass out of the sample and made some ugly key-group sounds plus grabbed those drums of course...oh and added some piano notes.

Hey man, I thought I best let you know so you have enough time to change it...
The max time is 2.00mins for an entry.
My original beat was 2.04 mins and I was told I needed to edit it to make it shorter.
By NearTao Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:30 pm

Alright you monsters... I was not even going to post this... but figured I'd toss it out there. EDIT: Holy smokes, this is my 200th track on soundcloud... wtf?!

Everything comes from the track... I sampled nearly the entire track into the S950 at +24 semitones and at 10,000 bandwidth... and let me tell you... that's where things just started to get weird. From there I dropped it -32 semitones when playing it back and recording it into the MPC to chop.

At this point the track was still recognizable, but the tires were starting to fall off. I went to work putting drums together... if you can even call them that. It's kind of hard to tell the difference between the drums, the bass, and uhm... noise.

I then went digging through the content and found some synth sounds that were more or less in isolation, and sampled them into the S950 to make a key group... Yeah... I found a decent loop point, and saved it off as an instrument that I could now play on the MPC as a key group.

There were some really dope vocal sounds coming out of this sound soup... but I just couldn't get them to sit right in the mix... so instead I decided to drop some pretty heavy talk box effect onto the synth sound... so basically all of the melodic and Vox sounds come from the same key group I made.

And yeah... was not going to finish this... because I'm not terribly happy with it... but figured since Ableton Live 11 dropped today and I wanted to check it out that I'd at least try arranging in Ableton. I literally just did an ALS export from the MPC and loaded the files as is. There's no fancy Live 11 tricks, effects or anything... I thought about doing it... but you're really just hearing the MPC straight... nothing fancy.

Peace ya'll and good luck!
By dez perado Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:58 am
Undosequence wrote:
dez perado wrote:filtered some bass out of the sample and made some ugly key-group sounds plus grabbed those drums of course...oh and added some piano notes.

Hey man, I thought I best let you know so you have enough time to change it...
The max time is 2.00mins for an entry.
My original beat was 2.04 mins and I was told I needed to edit it to make it shorter.

thanks