MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By dentheman Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:11 pm
Hi everyone,

made my own expansion packs yesterday filled with loops.

I am auditioning them now in my browser and have auditioning/preview set to auto, sync and warp.

If I select samples they loose sync. If I import them into my clip program they run in sync.

Am I missing something?

Was hoping to get a more Ableton like auditioning,,,

they have bpm in their name btw.

Help! ;)
By Monotremata Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:48 pm
After all this time I still cant figure out if it works with just the BPM in the name or if they have to actually have the tempo or beats embedded in the file. I have some that sync just fine, some that stay at their own tempo. Never thought to check if the files that do work are ones I've put in the tempo in Audio Finder or not because once they're on the MPC its not easy to pull those up and look at the metadata heh.
By Monotremata Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:05 pm
Yeah its typical Nukai programming behavior haha. I see it all the time because I do a lot of DnB stuff so my samples are all over between like 165-175, Im always time stretching and matching tempos. Sometimes they audition in sync in the browser, sometimes nope. Luckily mine are usually close enough anyways I can get the idea if it works or not and then just import and time stretch appropriately. One of these days I should try the warp feature. I dont think Ive ever run a project past like 10% of the CPU so I got room to start using that a bit.

Just a quick note on Audio Finder, I dont know that the tempo there is actually embedded into the file or not when you enter it in there. Audio Finder has its own database it uses so you can search your library so its metadata may only be related to its database. It won't let you edit actual ACID data, but it reads it so you can see which files of yours have it embedded in them and which dont. If I ever need to add ACID metadata to a sample, I can use Myriad for that one.
By dentheman Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:04 am
Hi,

@T-Monk: I just preview the actual loops in the expansion file, did not bother putting a preview file in.

The loops are wav.

Btw I used Myriad to change the Acid properties' tempo when I did my test.

i also tried different naming conventions to indicate BPM.
By Ultros Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:13 am
dentheman wrote:But my main thing is, why did Akai put in a warp feature in the browser, when it does not work?

That's odd, what about if you sample a wav and save it and then use the browser audution feature to test its playback. It *should* stretch them to the tempo of your master tempo. All the samples I ganked from records, all my bounced samples all work this way with 2.9.1. sounds like you've encountered some kind of bug.

Try playing a loop in the browser while adjusting the master tempo?
By dentheman Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:21 am
@Yorgos:

I just made an expansion to test out the functionality.

Basically to get a nice picture to go with my purchased loops collection. ;)

I need to audition my samples separately so a program preview will not help me with that.

I basically expect browsing for loops to work like the Ableton browser, when you audition a sample it runs in time with the project, which should not be strange these days.

I can then see if a loop works with my project.

@Ultros: I will try your suggestion, will come back.
By Ultros Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:13 am
In the midi window where it shows all your sequences and shit it says sequence tempo, press it and it flips to master tempo then you can rotate the dial while the clip in the bowser is playing to see it has any effect on tempo of the audition.