Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip?

33%
33%
33%
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:55 pm
Right it that time once again folks to vote for the best flip of the week...

Usual rules as per normal, obviously you all know by now don’t vote for yourself. Vote will run for 2 day, can the winner please send me , PK1 or Saltmcgault
ONE sample/rules on Friday for the next round. As always all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks etc

bliprock

Neartao

Undosequence

Good luck :smoker:
By saltmcgault Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:07 am
i’m going to play these on the monitors and see what’s up.
By bliprock Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:43 am
well yeah I think UndoSequence for the win. That vocal chop is great, I really like it. Seems the finished track is a little quieter though for some reason.
Tao is ok, maybe the style but doesn't gel with me as much but do dig the hihat shuffle a lot. Shame there are not many more entries and glad I had a go for the first time in years cos was a great sample and swear I have heard it sampled before somewhere.
By Undosequence Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:08 pm
I went with bliprock, it sounds like a lot of work went into it! Like 3 beats in one!, I'd say it's the best made out of the 3.
I enjoyed your beat as well NearTao but bliprock took it for me.
By Ocular Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:26 pm
I voted for NearTao. The filter, the drums, the chops... they all worked for me.
By bliprock Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:45 am
thanks Undo. I think I only half finished it too as I did have issues and not enough time. And no one seems to have an answer for the main issue yet and so still annoyed as about it. But I do work quick and have experience so it was not as much time as you think I reckon. I think the most of my time was taking up buy 2 things, listening and considering what to do next (hours and not doing much but jamming out sometimes) and also making two samples in time when playing at once. Which was more listening carefully then adjust, then listen and adjust milliseconds and repeat for ages. That took ages and got hard to tell where it was at timing wise, cos I am using my ears listening to the phasing and that. Yeah hopefully next one I will have more time. And funny too cos I listened to yours Undo and I think you took some time on it too and wondering how I could do that :)
By NearTao Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:13 am
Voted Blip... I dig the drops, change ups, and alternate sounding beats. Despite the issues with the MPC, the production sounds solid to me. Hope you do get into doing more battles!

Undo... I'm down with this track and really dig the use of the drums in the track... sounds tight. The scratching is fun, but something felt a little off to me. Not quite sure what... maybe just needed a hint of a filter to make is set better in the mix? Not sure... but definitely one of those lazy tracks to put on and just listen to.

Cool stuff guys!
By Undosequence Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:49 am
NearTao wrote:Voted Blip... I dig the drops, change ups, and alternate sounding beats. Despite the issues with the MPC, the production sounds solid to me. Hope you do get into doing more battles!

Undo... I'm down with this track and really dig the use of the drums in the track... sounds tight. The scratching is fun, but something felt a little off to me. Not quite sure what... maybe just needed a hint of a filter to make is set better in the mix? Not sure... but definitely one of those lazy tracks to put on and just listen to.

Cool stuff guys!

Thanks for the feedback, I know EXACTLY what you mean about the scratches, they sounded like they belonged in a whole different mix.
Time was fully against me as I only get to go on the mpc a couple of times a week, I should of sorted those scratches out though :lol:
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:54 pm
Dope work guys, I went for Bliprock for this round :smoker: