MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By IAMBECOMEDOOM Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:39 pm
Hey guys, I accidentally disconnect my external SSD from the back on my MPC Live while it was powering down in controller mode. This led to an error message on my screen but it disappeared since the MPC just turned off. Today I tried plugging the SSD into my MPC and it didn't work, tried again didn't work. So i used the cable that charges my phone this time and now it works. My MPC is no longer picking up that specific cable when I'm in controller mode, it works fine in standalone. Any help? its the main cable that came with the SSD and it worked fine until now.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:20 pm
Not sure why that cable is fine in standalone, but if you have that other cable that works in both environments I guess its not really a problem, just bin the other cable. If you start getting issues with your drive in the future then start to worry about it again.

I would however make sure you backup your drive on a regular basis. And maybe consider an internal SSD instead? Either way, definitely want to avoid shutting down the MPC without properly ejecting the drive from the computer, not only can it corrupt the files, it will eventually kill the drive.
By Lampdog Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:38 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote: definitely want to avoid shutting down the MPC without properly ejecting the drive from the computer, not only can it corrupt the files, it will eventually kill the drive.
By IAMBECOMEDOOM Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:09 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Not sure why that cable is fine in standalone, but if you have that other cable that works in both environments I guess its not really a problem, just bin the other cable. If you start getting issues with your drive in the future then start to worry about it again.

I would however make sure you backup your drive on a regular basis. And maybe consider an internal SSD instead? Either way, definitely want to avoid shutting down the MPC without properly ejecting the drive from the computer, not only can it corrupt the files, it will eventually kill the drive.

I will definitely be more careful from now on and I will be investing into an internal ssd soon