MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By J3rkbag Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:48 pm
I’m having the same issue. Day 4 with my MPC one. Sampled some drum breaks, went to sample edit, used links to start picking starting points and the link menu just never went away. Trying to figure out what happened I eventually realized the screen wasn’t working at all. Wasn’t able to save the sample because you have to hit function and a button on the screen. Restarted and went through the process again and had the same result. Happened one more time after that and now I’m here. Not sure what to do. One of the things that sold me on this was its sample editing features, specifically the ability to quickly and accurately select start and end points with the qlinks
By starwatcher Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:34 pm
WARNING! I bought an MPC ONE this week, after about 30-40 minutes I experienced this problem. The touchscreen no longer worked. I ended up pulling the power and that essentially bricked it. It no longer boots up. I’m not sure if it was down to this bug or not but it seems that it could be.
By NewAkaiUser Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:25 pm
starwatcher wrote:
missingtwins wrote:Or I can reboot but it inevitably happens again.

How do you reboot it?

If you still have problem with this, change the power socket. Choose it in a different wall or try it in a different room. It helped me.
By starwatcher Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:28 pm
Mine was bricked, it’s going back. I was just curious if there is a method of rebooting it correctly that doesn’t involve pulling the power lead out? I’m getting another one and I’m totally paranoid about it getting bricked again.
By NewAkaiUser Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:38 pm
It seems to me that you can reboot MPC by holding the power button for a long time to turn it off and then turning it on normally.
By EnochLight Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:01 am
NewAkaiUser wrote:It seems to me that you can reboot MPC by holding the power button for a long time to turn it off and then turning it on normally.

Technically, that's not a reboot. That's a hard shutdown.
By Neodymium Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:39 am
I think I have a workaround for this issues.

Flip-flops

I live in Vietnam, and there is no ground here as standard. When I use my bass guitar plugged into an audio device, I feel a small charge on touching the strings when I play barefoot, but not if I insulate myself with flip flops. So I tried that with my MPC One today. The whole afternoon I haven't had it stick on onc, and then after taking my flip flops off, I happened within a minute.

Also I don't think it's been mentioned, but there is a a 'show q-link status when touched' option when you hold the QLink button that can help while you save your work and re-boot..
By Zoidfactory Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:45 am
Hi guys i had the same problem, and i found this Link and fixed my problem , hope this work you y'all
Follow this steps :smoker:
By NewAkaiUser Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:41 pm
This doesn't really solve the problem, it just hides it.
Note that when you touch the qlink knob, the values still jump between x1000, x100, x10 and x1 in the highlighted box.

Earlier, I wrote that changing the power socket helps, which is not true because the problem returned after a while.

This is one of the many random Akai MPC bugs that support doesn't admit to. because they don't know how to solve it at no cost.

My MPC One only collected dust on the shelf, because every contact with this device only raises my pressure.

Example:
By Ultros Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:29 pm
40Beatz wrote:Possibly cleaned the Knobs and the post under the Knobs. Run a Magnet over it to Neutralize the Capacitivity(Not Proven)

40 dont ever do that dude.. Your modern mpc not like magnets. That will likely corrupt chips depending on how far the charge spreads throughout the circuitry and really eff your day up if they hold a charge or take out vitals like the ram or something unexpected.

Check (internally) grounding to the capacitive knobs. If that's good, check resistance of knobs with multimeter and isolate the failed knob, but keep it out of magnetic feilds! They cause all sorts of issues for electro-magnetically charged 1's and 0's to make it to the destination or stay charged in order on a chip. Chips are like tapes mang you cant just slap it ontop of your neighbour-haters and expect it to be ok.
By 40Beatz Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:13 pm
:lol: :lol:
By SakisX Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:40 pm
NewAkaiUser wrote:This doesn't really solve the problem, it just hides it.
Note that when you touch the qlink knob, the values still jump between x1000, x100, x10 and x1 in the highlighted box.

Earlier, I wrote that changing the power socket helps, which is not true because the problem returned after a while.

This is one of the many random Akai MPC bugs that support doesn't admit to. because they don't know how to solve it at no cost.

My MPC One only collected dust on the shelf, because every contact with this device only raises my pressure.

Example:

If you read the manual ,you’ll understand that it doesn’t change the actual value , it simply shows the number of steps that will change if you actually move the qlink
No bug there , it works as it should
By Lampdog Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:31 pm
I don’t see a bug in that vid either. I see it doing exactly what SakisX stated.