Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Ultros Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:47 am
I still to this day use acidpro 4 (sonic foundary) and 5 (sony). I first found acid in its primitive days when it used to bug out and crash (and it wasnt ram related). Here it is 20 years later and i still compare all multi-track sequencing programs to it. There isn't much it cant do I don't understand why its been forgotten. The funny thing is it was so complete back then that it didn't need to be updated 1000 times.

Rewire, beat mapping wizard, same-lane automation, vst support, midi, it had it all. These days a copy of the latest version is $60 or some crap which is amazing in comparison to other software of the like.
By Lampdog Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:25 am
I first learned with Vegas, Sound Forge and Acid. Great programs that just worked and I never had problems. Stopped using them long ago but I still have the old old software saved.
By Ultros Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:14 am
Lampdog wrote:I first learned with Vegas, Sound Forge and Acid. Great programs that just worked and I never had problems. Stopped using them long ago but I still have the old old software saved.

Yes! great programs. Soundforge taught me a lot about processing and tone gen. Heh i still plan all my mix sets on acid and use it to cheat djing... Beat map an entire mix set to the grid and render each of the tracks and never touch the pitch sliders while mixing.
By NearTao Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:32 am
Acid Pro is where I cut my teeth... I think version 2.0. Probably still got the 'Good Ole' CDs around here someplace. Moved on to Ableton Live back in the 1.x days and haven't looked back though.