MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By bra10 Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:58 am
I would like to connect my MPC Live with my ipad (mini, last generation). Which simple MIDI interface could you recommend?
Thanks in advance
bra10
By bra10 Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:19 am
Lampdog wrote:I use this to connect my ipad to mpc x. FLAWLESS!

https://www.iconnectivity.com/products/ ... nnectmidi1

Thanks for the tip, Lampdog.

Unfortunately the Lightning version isn´t available anymore and I wasn´t successful to find one on ebay (Germany). I will have a look into the new MioXC. But it only has a USB-C jack. I therefore need a dongle to USB-A (which is included) and a lightning adapter...
By Lampdog Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:58 am
I think Tutor mentioned he uses this one.

By bra10 Sat May 01, 2021 7:53 pm
Unfortunately the KORG plugkey isn´t available anymore as well...

So I decided to buy the ESI Midimate EX cable from thomann. It was delivered one day later so I already could test it. It works perfectly!

Thx for your advices!
bra10
By Lampdog Sun May 02, 2021 2:50 am
Did it require drivers?

You said it works and you wanted to connect Live to ipad, so I'm assuming no drivers to install, correct?
Did you notice and latency?
By bra10 Sun May 02, 2021 4:11 pm
No driver installation necessary.
I don´t recognize any latency playing ipad-instruments with my keyboard (keyboard > MIDI In > AKAI Live > MIDI Out > iPad > Audio Out > Mixer), timing is tight.
By Lampdog Sun May 02, 2021 5:34 pm
I’ve wanted to get my EMU off of MIDI DIN for a while, just never did it, lazy, I also see this if 32chnls, either din can be in and/or out. If ao then I can use all 32chnls on EMU. I never will, but, to have it is cool..