MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:28 pm
USB from kybd to mpc, were you expecting audio from keyboard via usb cable?
Maybe a setting in kybd? Maybe an MPC preference/midi setting?
By Sabaiion Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:09 pm
Lampdog wrote:USB from kybd to mpc, were you expecting audio from keyboard via usb cable?
Maybe a setting in kybd? Maybe an MPC preference/midi setting?

Nah, I always had my audio going through to the proper line input. Maybe its a brute issue with usb midi because it has just worked fine with the standard midi cable. We autosampling now!

Cheers for the help though lampdog. Appreciate it. Would still be interesting to know what I was doing wrong with the usb cable.
By Lampdog Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:13 pm
Maybe try usb midi brute to another piece of gear that also uses usb midi and see how the brute acts later on when you have time and feel like experimenting.
By Sabaiion Sat May 01, 2021 5:00 pm
Ah man. I am pulling my hair out over, dont think anyone has had any of this trouble either.

I have my midi set up on the minibrute 2s, auto recording and armed. I can hear level when I am triggering with the mpc. It all looks good, i can play the damn thing. Hit autosampler and nothing. Apart from it did record one note and then nothing after.

This is just getting me down.
By NearTao Sat May 01, 2021 8:00 pm
If you're on the X, it is possible you are monitoring through the mixing section of the X, and not through the software.
By Lampdog Sat May 01, 2021 11:19 pm
Can you post pics of your autosampler pages?
By Lampdog Sun May 02, 2021 12:00 pm
@1:25- 1:35
On your SAMPLER page, why is the red input gain all the way down?

lol @ “excuse the mess”.

Man we aint worried ‘bout that, we’re here to help you troubleshoot :lol:
By Sabaiion Sun May 02, 2021 12:36 pm
Cheers Lampdog.

So I turned the gain up.

Sometimes Im getting one note to trigger.
By Lampdog Sun May 02, 2021 4:43 pm
I notice you have C2-C4 as the targeted key range. On my Kronos my default lowest key is C1 and highest default is C8. How to easily check your Brutes keys, main/sequence screen, top of the page in the middle, tap the IN/OUT, this is midi monitor, now hit the lowest minibrute key and you should see it show up, same with your highest key.

Remember the key ranges in midi monitor and use that in autosampler settings for NOTE RANGE, want more range you can experiment later after we get this going.

This is what worked for me.

By Sabaiion Sun May 02, 2021 6:20 pm

Had a check, goes from c0 to c7. Gain all the way up on sampler page. Getting a weird hiss even though it plays fine otherwise?
By Lampdog Sun May 02, 2021 8:17 pm
Did you try hardware reset yet?
Does it buzz like that when you normally sample into your machine?
Also I can damn near guarantee you’ll never use note C0. I’d start somewhere higher.
By Sabaiion Sun May 02, 2021 8:25 pm
Lampdog wrote:Did you try hardware reset yet?
Does it buzz like that when you normally sample into your machine?
Also I can damn near guarantee you’ll never use note C0. I’d start somewhere higher.

Just sampled from my phone and it seemed fine.

Will try a factory reset though. Your right about C0, ha, just thought I would give it a chance to do something.
By Lampdog Sun May 02, 2021 8:47 pm
Nothing wrong with experimenting to see what shit does what. :lol:
So if you can sample from your phone, your Brute should sample fine also.

Are the phone and Brute using the same MPC Input (Brute, input 2, mono w/ diff aduio cable) Did your try different audio cables for Brute? Have you tried a completely different hardware synth if possible? Phono/line in switch?

Lastly, can you sample the Brute normally, no autosample anything, just sampler screen AND can you sample the Brute from the audio page? Use diff audio cables for this if possible. Process of elimination type trouble-shooting.
By Sabaiion Mon May 03, 2021 9:52 am
Did a hard reset, did a re install of the latest firmware 2.9.1. Got my note range to sample from c1 to c4, but it only triggers a c3 whilst autosampler. So Im just getting one note. Very weird behaviour.