MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Terrico Mon May 03, 2021 2:01 pm
Is there a quick way to rearrange your sequence order in either standalone or controller mode?

I feel like a real Caveman when I have to copy and delete sequences to rearrange my order.

Thanks
By MPC-Tutor Mon May 03, 2021 2:49 pm
Nope, copy paste is the only way, same as track re-ordering. If only we had a touchscreen interface to easily drag and reorder stuff... That said, I seem to remember Dan Gill mentioning something about the minefield of patents for many of the common touchscreen gestures and features, it might be related to that.
By Ajax Tue May 04, 2021 11:53 pm
I'm not quite sure what you mean by rearranging sequence order. If you just mean the order in which separate sequences play, then there's a very easy way to do it. Go into song mode, and re-set them. (Unless you're saying that taking the two extra seconds to move them around in song mode without being able to drag them like a DAW is too burdensome... then, I don't know what to tell you. Seems like a really minor inconvenience.)

If you're talking about reordering the internal bars within a sequence, or something more complex, then that's a different issue.