Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By pitchblender Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:15 pm
Hello again all!

Relatively new to all this and only had the Force for a few weeks but have jammed out a Dub Techno track and uploaded to YouTube for a premiere tonight 20:00 BST (Scotland) if anyone's interested. It's my first video...

I'm really happy with the Force so far, fitting with my own workflow and distilling all those half-baked ideas into something a bit more complete & performable. I'm learning how to control the pad colours for a lightshow and am awaiting the update before learning anything relating to CC MIDI stuff.

I do want to start track breakdown vids and stuff but sharing my music and getting feedback is the priority.

I didn't do any post production either, just straight into audio interface, so you can judge my in-the-box mixing for yourself, which I really want to learn so I can adapt to any sound system on the fly.

Hope this is the right place for this!

Cheers

pitchblender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU_MpKYQ8Eg
By garikfox Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:54 pm
I will check it out for sure since we are both pretty much in the same spot, I got my Force a few months ago and will be doing exactly the same thing soon. Congratulations on a final piece. :worthy: :)

I'll report back after I check it out! :)
By EnochLight Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:03 pm
pitchblender wrote: I'm learning how to control the pad colours for a lightshow and am awaiting the update before learning anything relating to CC MIDI stuff.

OK, I'll bite: how did you do that coloured light show on your pads? Also, nice track. Good vibe. :worthy:
By pitchblender Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:36 am
Wow, I'm glad some folk like it :-D
I'll be doing a video on the MIDI light show in the near future to test my evolving video setup, and probably a bit more on this beast before the new firmware lands, coz it's gonna be a big one and I suspect lots of workflow habit is going to have to change.

Thanks again, much appreciated!
By EnochLight Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:56 pm
pitchblender wrote:Wow, I'm glad some folk like it :-D
I'll be doing a video on the MIDI light show in the near future to test my evolving video setup

I mean, or.. you could just answer the question. Here. ;) :lol: :popcorn:
By Patientrichard Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:48 pm
I'm interested in the light show, but not so much in visiting YouTube and then sitting through the video.

I'd be interested in watching the video, if you gave an answer to the question here, as that way I can see how it's done whilst armed with the knowledge of how it's done.

Otherwise it jusy comes across as a way to drum up traffic to your YouTube channel.
By pitchblender Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:38 pm
Hello again everyone here, I'm not glued to my computer/phone and only have 3G mobile internet so apologies to anyone who's impatient. I'm glad if only one other person enjoys my music and due to my ancient setup it takes hours to get a video online, and I've no interest in how many people click on the video, only that some folk enjoy it. And it is easier to explain by showing folk too, but as it takes so long to do any video I'll explain as best as I can here:

Create a new Drum track, insert a clip. Start with 1 bar until you get used to things.
Press CLIP button then tap the ARRANGE screen
Double-tap the track title on the left, which opens a window
Untick the 'Pads follow track color' box on the left under 'Drum settings', then press the 'EDIT PAD COLORS' box on the right. I use this as the main design screen.
Select SINGLE PAD at the bottom left and select 'Fixed' in the text box above it. This is only so you can see the pattern you're creating.
Select a color form the top left palette (to use on the pads)
Tap each pad you want to light that color when triggered by the MIDI sequencer (you only have control over the brightness & time lit of each pad once colored, by using MIDI note length & velocity - see CLIP screen below)
Once you've got the pattern you want, turn the 'Fixed' in the bottom left box to 'Off->Velocity'. Do not touch any of the pads yet!
Press CLOSE. Now you can touch the pads to test the colors.
Go to the CLIP screen and you'll see the allocated colors down the left column next to each pad's row.
You can now enter MIDI notes on the piano roll corresponding to each pad's LED behaviour. If you press a pad, it'll be highlighted but may be off-screen so scroll up/down until you find the right row, select GRID mode (top left on screen) and use the pencil mode to add MIDI triggers.
Create different clips for different effects, use the ARP to get psychedelic...Experiment!

Hope this helps :)