MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mike841 Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:07 pm
Hey Gang,

I hate to read where guys say "Doesn't bother me" because then I know Akai won't address it. But I know time marches on and I'm trying to adjust. Please keep in mind that I jumped from an MPC60 to an MPCX, so be gentle with me!

I read where many say they don't need a "Select All" feature in the List or Grid views, then how would you do this (smoothly, without interrupting your karma)..

I recorded a track using a plugin drum kit. Then decided I liked an MPCX kit better so I switched the track from Plugin to Drums. Now, the midi data is out of range. I must select all notes and transpose them.

How would you guys do this?

No need to mention;
1. Dragging with the select tool; Too awkward and strangely it will only scroll up, not down.
2. Copy Events; Does not Transpose.
3. Go back to my 60 or at least a 4k; No way! When the sales guy showed how the MPCX could load synths sounds and play chords and scales with no wrong notes, he had my attention. When he showed how the Browser worked, I was sold!
3. I'm just too old!; Kiss my..!

But seriously guys, any suggestions appreciated.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:17 pm
Not sure what you mean about the select tool? I can select all events on a track no problem, then choose TRANSPOSE and use the data wheel to transpose. Easy and quick.

This assumes the sample kit is laid out in the same sample order and the plugin kit (i.e. kick, snare, closed hat, open hat). Otherwise, just select and transpose one instrument at a time (using a pad to select all events)

I don't understand what the issue is with the select tool in grid mode? I agree it's not as convenient as having a single 'select all' button, but it does work and isn't IMO any kind of showstopper.
By SuperKonquer Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:51 pm
There is indeed a workaround for your particular issue. Just use the copy events from the main edit screen and copy all track events to same track then go back to grid edit. All your notes will be selected then use the wheel to transpose. Its not a select all button but its a 3 sec workaround. B. This can be done while the sequence is running as well.
By mike841 Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:28 am
Thanks MPC-Tutor but I can't get the hang of dragging with my finger.
SuperKonquer, best advice yet. Acceptable work-around. Thanks-a-bunch.
By NewAkaiUser Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:13 pm
jabberwalky wrote:Also, maybe find a good touchscreen pen. I have one sitting around at all times for grid edits.

They should unlock mouse support.
By elstebbano Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:41 pm
NewAkaiUser wrote:
jabberwalky wrote:Also, maybe find a good touchscreen pen. I have one sitting around at all times for grid edits.

They should unlock mouse support.

Have you tried a usb mouse? There have been Videos on YouTube some years ago where people have connected a mouse..maybe it already works..
By EnochLight Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:42 pm
Mouse support would be cool, but for me it also would make the MPC feel more like I'm working on a computer with a small display, which is the exact opposite of what I bought my MPC for. YMMV...
By 64hz Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:28 pm
EnochLight wrote:Mouse support would be cool, but for me it also would make the MPC feel more like I'm working on a computer with a small display, which is the exact opposite of what I bought my MPC for. YMMV...

I'm kinda hoping for a X2 with hdmi and mouse support. :mrgreen: :popcorn:
By mike841 Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:32 am

Never thought of that.
But agree with EnochLight, have never liked using a computer (or should I say Desktop/Laptop?) Main reason I went back to the MPC line. But a pen maybe an acceptable accessory,
Thanks Jabberwalky.