Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Koekepan Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:30 pm
If this is true, it's exciting stuff. I'm really looking forward to some of these features.

Sometimes it feels as if the Force isn't as important as the MPC line - and maybe it isn't, in the big scheme of things - but Akai Professional's support for it seems to be strong and enduring, and I'm very happy that I got mine.
By EnochLight Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:17 pm
Koekepan wrote:Sometimes it feels as if the Force isn't as important as the MPC line - and maybe it isn't, in the big scheme of things - but Akai Professional's support for it seems to be strong and enduring, and I'm very happy that I got mine.

Agreed! Force is probably my single most important addition to my studio in the last 12 months. Absolutely love mine! :smoker: :worthy:
By DokBrown Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:23 pm
EVERY company has their bread & butter.
TESLA – EVs
Ford – trucks [explorer, F150]

The ? is can that company expand on its brand without ruining its existing product line.

I think the AKAI FORCE compliments the MPC well.
The problem is can AKAI/INmusic develop the FORCE properly.

This is clearly oriented towards DJ/EDM.
In that case, it sorely needs disk streaming & 1-2 more warp algorithms.
It would be nice to use 2-3 warp algorithms in 1 project/set.

I don’t mind this feature not being on the MPC since I use it for production.
I imagine it could use some hardware upgrades soon, but the ability to seamlessly bang out a 1-2hour set would make this magic. I like MPC clip programs but the ableton grid & crossfader on this unit make it superior for DJs.
By Koekepan Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:36 am
If that video is to be believed, Force will be getting disc streaming this coming month or two.

I think that it's less of a priority for me than the additional sound design options, but I can absolutely see how mixing down a backing track to one stereo channel could be great for many things - perhaps putting it behind a gentle motherducker just so that the solo can ride on top, for example.

I'd also like some of the vocal effects that the MPCs have now. (I already have a vocal processor, but it's nice to have things in one box.)
By DokBrown Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:10 pm
Koekepan wrote:If that video is to be believed, Force will be getting disc streaming this coming month or two.

I'd also like some of the vocal effects that the MPCs have now. (I already have a vocal processor, but it's nice to have things in one box.)

AKAI wants us to all buy both boxes, don’t expect everything to crossover . . . .
By Koekepan Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:20 pm
In that case, bad news Akaipro, I already have a Roland VE-500 which is a really good vocal effects unit, and I'm not buying an MPC One to supplement my Force just for that reason. It'll do vocoding, harmony based on MIDI inputs even, all sorts of good stuff.

But it would still be cool to see some of that on the Force just to make things more convenient. One fewer box on stage, you know?
By Kobevs Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:10 pm
Koekepan wrote:In that case, bad news Akaipro, I already have a Roland VE-500 which is a really good vocal effects unit, and I'm not buying an MPC One to supplement my Force just for that reason. It'll do vocoding, harmony based on MIDI inputs even, all sorts of good stuff.

But it would still be cool to see some of that on the Force just to make things more convenient. One fewer box on stage, you know?

The 3.1 update has all the vocal stuff from the MPC line added to the force, with disk streaming and much more... :-)
By Koekepan Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:48 pm
I know! I'm excited about this. So much good stuff in one fell swoop.

Streaming and external audio interfaces make a great combination as well.