MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By gtk Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:52 am
I saw someone else post with the same issue, but didn't see a Pigments specific resolution to this. In a nutshell, I can't autosample Arturia Pigments in the MPC Software (using it with an MPC One). Basically, no sound records, or just some notes but not others, when I run autosample on a Pigments patch. I don't have a bunch of 3rd party VST's to compare with, but I noticed uHe Diva seems to work just fine w autosampler, and so do the Akai / MPC plugins.

Pigments plays fine in controller mode when I'm playing notes manually, but not with the autosampler. Has anyone been able to figure this out? I saw someone else using some other 3rd party synth with a similar issue where they had to change some settings on the synth plugin itself but wondering if there is a fix with respect to Pigments?

Thx for any help you can offer!
By gtk Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:41 pm
Thank you for the response! I will see if I can get it to work with AU instead of VST, or if there are any other workarounds. Otherwise I guess I’ll have to use controller mode and bounce my Pigments tracks to samples if I want to work in standalone on projects utilizing this synth.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:34 pm
Another option is to treat your computer as a hardware synth, so trigger the standalone version of pigments (or the vst version loaded within a DAW) using either a physical midi cable or virtual midi (IAC Driver). Do this from an MPC MIDI track, configure autosampler to record the audio from your computer output (again, either physical audio cables into the MPC 1/2 inputs, or virtual audio device from something like soundflower).

Or use my vst2MPC workflow:

https://www.mpc-tutor.com/convert-plugi ... struments/
By gtk Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:33 pm
Thanks again, I very much appreciate your responses and your support as a go-to resource for all things MPC-related! I will check out your link and see if that helps my issue. Otherwise, yep treating the computer as a hardware synth is definitely doable and an option I’ll consider doing.