Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By romolofevola Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:25 pm
Hello everyone,
I’ve just purchased the force and I tried to use the arranger.

I’m having an issue after recording the song with the arranger and I want to make some modification on the grid tag, it start to freeze and lag so it is very annoying.

I have an ssd with the exfat format, the new 3.1.2 firmware and the issue comes up when I use a drum track and not with plugins.

Any suggestions?

Here is the video that explains better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMRGwyvhkt0
By EnochLight Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:45 pm
romolofevola wrote:Hello everyone,
I’ve just purchased the force and I tried to use the arranger.

I’m having an issue after recording the song with the arranger and I want to make some modification on the grid tag, it start to freeze and lag so it is very annoying.

I have an ssd with the exfat format, the new 3.1.2 firmware and the issue comes up when I use a drum track and not with plugins.

Any suggestions?

Here is the video that explains better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMRGwyvhkt0

Yeah that's weird - mine doesn't have screen lag like that at all in Arranger. When you updated to 3.1.2, did you do a system preferences reset afterwards? If not, you might want to try that - often that corrects general wonkiness. Also, do you have any other hardware hooked up to your Force? Does the drum track (assuming it's a Drum Program?) have disk-streaming selected, or are all of your samples buffered into RAM (recommended from Drum Programs that trigger drums specifically)... Finally, make sure you've set your disk-streaming temp folder (scratch disk) to something on your SSD. It defaults to the internal storage, and that can fill up real quick - causing issues.
By romolofevola Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:55 pm
Sorry for the late reply I didn’t have any notification about it. Many thanks for your suggestion but at the moment I tried the preferences reset and it seems a bit better but it still non working smooth.

I created as well a temp folder on the ssd and selected to store the temp files and it seems that I have the disco streaming on the samples. I need to double check that by the way.

Before installing the ssd I remember I deleted some stuff from the internal memory and I was reading that it may cause problems as you may delete hidden files as well so I’ve asked the akai support to send me if possible the original internal content. Let’s see if they reply!

Thanks
By 64hz Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:21 am
Don't wait on your email, call them. The file fixed all my issues.

But seriously, call them. I'm still waiting for them to answer my email lol.
By romolofevola Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:44 am
In fact they didn’t reply at all after few days. I will try to get in touch with them. By the way after the reset seems much better. Many thanks for your support.
By EnochLight Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:50 pm
romolofevola wrote:Before installing the ssd I remember I deleted some stuff from the internal memory and I was reading that it may cause problems as you may delete hidden files as well

Yeah, that's a huge problem - never EVER delete anything from the factory storage (and never save anything to it). Just treat it as a "read only" drive that you only install firmware updates on.

romolofevola wrote:By the way after the reset seems much better. Many thanks for your support.

No worries - good to hear!
By misterflibble Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:53 pm
romolofevola wrote:In fact they didn’t reply at all after few days. I will try to get in touch with them. By the way after the reset seems much better. Many thanks for your support.

Their email support is dead. I haven't heard back from them in over a year now. I wish they'd just replace their online form with a callout to call their support line.

Always call them by phone.