MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By TonyO. Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:05 pm
KaoticShock wrote:
TonyO. wrote:-1899 (my bank account on 6/23)

-$499 my bank account on 6/23 for the MPC Instrument Collection.

kaoticShock, where are you getting the price $499 from? I can’t find the new MPC Instrument Collection for sale online. I see one listing for MPC Instrument Collection priced at $139.95.
By KaoticShock Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:19 pm
TonyO. wrote:kaoticShock, where are you getting the price $499 from? I can’t find the new MPC Instrument Collection for sale online. I see one listing for MPC Instrument Collection priced at $139.95.

I'm getting the official Akai MPC Instrument collection. I've got enough multi-sampled keygroups.

Thanks for the link.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:22 pm
No, it's not trolling. It's fair to say you won't be buying them for whatever reason.

I also think they are currently overpriced, but I also recognise that many will still buy them (eventually, once the inevitable discounts hit) as they want those options inside their MPC.

Straker wrote:149$ for a plugin?
Ok.
Now of course you'll say I am complaining and trolling and bla bla bla.
149$ for a plugin?
No wayyyyyyyy.
Akai is gone crazy.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:24 pm
TonyO. wrote:
KaoticShock wrote:where are you getting the price $499 from? I can’t find the new MPC Instrument Collection for sale online. I see one listing for MPC Instrument Collection priced at $139.95.

Yes, that's my multisampled keygroup collection that I've been selling under the name 'MPC Instrument Collection' for over 4 years now. Let the confusion commence. :roll:

I might just rename it - any ideas? MPC Instrument Bundle? MPC Instrument Suite? The 'Original' MPC Instrument Collection'?
By Straker Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:35 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:No, it's not trolling. It's fair to say you won't be buying them for whatever reason.

I also think they are currently overpriced, but I also recognise that many will still buy them (eventually, once the inevitable discounts hit) as they want those options inside their MPC.

Straker wrote:149$ for a plugin?
Ok.
Now of course you'll say I am complaining and trolling and bla bla bla.
149$ for a plugin?
No wayyyyyyyy.
Akai is gone crazy.

Yep.
I just wait for the key61 hype to calm down and maybe some black friday discount.
30/50$ should be the price in my opinion.
By HanHuman Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:21 pm
otoc wrote:Sweetwater has them in stock. Ordering now before they sell out.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -sequencer

"Sweetwater Savings: $1,800.00 MSRP: $3,699.00" :lol: :lol: :lol:
By otoc Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:21 pm
All of the new (paid) plug-ins are free with the Akai Key 61. You have to pay for them for other MPCs.

From the 2.11 Release notes: "New Instruments For Sale on MPC as of 2.11 (these items are included in MPC KEY 61 for FREE)"