Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc

By Jessiah Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:02 pm
I didnt know that you could use this kinda stuff on vinyl. Ill def be doing that soon to some extra dirty records I got... I wish there were away to fix scratches that go POP...

HERES A HOT TIP. If you dont need to clean, but just get the dust off, I found some nice cheap material to do that with.

Go to KMART, and go to the car section. Pick up a 3 pack of microfiber towels. Mines was blue, yellow, and green. There also alittle bigger than my mpc 1000 too. So I use it as a cover and to wipe off the mpc. I just put a new record down, and give it a few times around with the microfiber cloth. It works really well, and its super quick. Check it. A 3 pack is like 6 dollars, but they last forever!

By dj e.d.e Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:28 pm
theres athread on here on scratched records i posted some things i do to fix scratched records, do a search,
dont those mircotowles leave some kinda of oily film on your records,

By bricks Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:58 pm
radio shack carrys all that stuff the liquid and the brush,stuff works very well,i recommend it.

By AkaiSwift Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:30 pm
I use Mr.Muscle window cleaner or de-ionised water, its supposed to get rid of the static so there arent so many pops. Also you need a cloth that the bits of fabric dont come off of, like a old t-shirt or something, so you dont get them little bits of the cloth on your records.

Peace

By dj e.d.e Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:31 pm
^^ dude you trippin

By dj e.d.e Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:35 am
that film is what s going to mess with the sound of your records, i never use stuff that leaves a film. downgrades sound quality, bubt you say you use it for some time well, i know i'd never do it.

By mpc4000xl Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:34 pm
NeoAtomic wrote:The film doesnt seem to make a noticable differance, you should try it on a throw away vinyl, works great for me.

I Dunno Know about leaving a Coat or Film on Vinyl But YO Armor All is ........Tre' Cher........VERY EXPENSIVE.....considering the other alternatives..............

Hey It Might work tho' ................It is 4 Leather/Plastic/Vinyl and etc.

By binger0 Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:06 pm
its all bout the lighter fluid.

By dj e.d.e Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:06 am
mpc4kxl thats a different type of vinyl

By TurnItUp Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:05 pm
Tre' Cher
(do I have to feel concerned? you' talkin to me? Yo tokin' to me) lol

He's right spending money on expensive gadgets would be idiot... completely.

That Mr Muscle way looks like mine... but a few dangerous no? I think I'll mix cheap glass cleaner with water, in order to decrease the pH of it.

(call me Einstein ehehe)

By mpc4000xl Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:50 pm
TurnItUp wrote:
Tre' Cher
(do I have to feel concerned? you' talkin to me? Yo tokin' to me) lol

He's right spending money on expensive gadgets would be idiot... completely.

That Mr Muscle way looks like mine... but a few dangerous no? I think I'll mix cheap glass cleaner with water, in order to decrease the pH of it.

(call me Einstein ehehe)

Yep.....................

By Penfold Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:38 pm
antibacterial wipes.