Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...

By JiggSaw Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:33 pm
Any other cd dupliaction companies that don't care about samples? It could even be straight cd-r copies at this point. Basically trying to get some mixtapes done.. not an album or anything.
By DSTRUCT Mon May 02, 2005 10:54 pm
L. Tombstone wrote:Rainbo in So. Cal. is usually pretty good across the board. They do wax and CD's and always got some decent package deals runnin. Of course if you do wax it's good to have a master pre-EQ'd for vinyl or an actual lacquer master, but that's it's own thread altogether. As for what Dstruction was sayin- true indeed....I know that Disk Fakers makes you get preapproval from the Harry Fox agency or sum'n like that, either that you have no samples, or if you do you can prove they're cleared. The industry ain't playin, they realized if they can't nab an artist for sample clearance f*** it, 'we'll just go after the manufacturer' since the artist ain't got no cash worth suing for. And even though I personally had a bit of a bad experience (most of it my fault unfortunately) I will still say that Bill Smith custom records in El Segundo, CA. does good vinyl even 7" and all that. Thick sturdy vinyl, decent prices and good packaging. A word of advice to cats lookin for vinyl pressing: Look out for companies that ship stuff out of the country for the manfacturing part of the process.

thanx for that info
By Prah_860_ Tue May 03, 2005 2:49 am
L. Tombstone wrote: A word of advice to cats lookin for vinyl pressing: Look out for companies that ship stuff out of the country for the manfacturing part of the process.

you mean try to find them or don't mess with them?

By swamp Thu May 12, 2005 3:53 pm
anybody got a place that does tight prices for a real small amount like a 100 copies,smallest i seen was 500?

By Jacpot Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:09 pm
disc makers is the best in my opinion. Check out the website.
www.discmakers.com

By Prah_860_ Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:57 am
You Made My Day Homie!

By prospect Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:59 am
Disc Makers is the way to go.
The pricing isn't that much higher, but they are the only ones that do everything under one roof. (they are not brokers)

The quality itself is better than most indepedent replicators.

There is a reason why they are the biggest and why their prices are as such. I've seen a lot of wack projects come out with crappy print and mediocre CD replication quality. DM is the way to go fo sure.
By nobledru Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:53 pm
Disc Makers has hidden fees but the quality of the their CD's are great. It seem like my material had a better sound after duplication. With my next project, I don't think I will use them again.
By dustedwax Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:01 pm
check them...if you get w/ them, let me know...it's my peoples and i think it wouldn't be a bad look for them to support this community...

http://www.dupdepot.com/

ask for uzi.

ByRed_Dragon Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:01 pm
dstruction wrote:
Knoxximus wrote:About sampling, I live by this creedo:

Sample away! Worst case scenario at our level is that the artist in question will issue a "cease and desist" order, because taking us to court would cost them more money than they would get. If you get picked up by a major, and the track is hot enough, their legal department will do the dirty work for you.

Anyhoo......any good CD dupers out there?

what up knoxx, the problem with the samplin is i chose a company to duplicate my album, and once they went to burn the audio, they heard the samples. To make a long story short, they wouldnt duplicate the audio (just the artwork) and they wouldnt send me my master back, AND they wouldnt refund my money for the audio part of the service. but hey, thats they policy i guess.

Sounds like DiscMakers! :roll:

ByRed_Dragon Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:33 pm
prospect wrote:Disc Makers is the way to go.
The pricing isn't that much higher, but they are the only ones that do everything under one roof. (they are not brokers)

There is a reason why they are the biggest and why their prices are as such. I've seen a lot of wack projects come out with crappy print and mediocre CD replication quality. DM is the way to go fo sure.

Disc Makers will not duplicate CD's with samples that are not cleared.

By Jacpot Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:20 pm
Red_Dragon wrote:
prospect wrote:Disc Makers is the way to go.

Disc Makers will not duplicate CD's with samples that are not cleared.

Says who?

ByRed_Dragon Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:00 pm
Jacpot wrote:Says who?

DiscMakers, ask'em!