Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By izm Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:08 am
Has anyone yet sampled that new Victoria Secret Commercial with Giselle?? :D Those drums sound tight...

By spectre Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:25 am
Sounded exactly like a Portishead track to me. But a little different. I'll have to look for which one it is. I know I've heard that shit before though

By punchdrunk Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:37 pm
its a portishead song, but a completely different recording...

everytime i see the commercial i wonder if portishead didn't want them to use their song, so victoria's secret had someone rerecord it the exact same way to avoid any copyright infringement.

it definitely itsn't the real version from the portishead album, but its the same exact song!! right down to the exaggerated reverb on the snare and the horns....

if victoria's secret tried to pull a fast one i hope portishead sues the living hell out of them...

the commercial is defintely a different version than the album, but its so close that portishead MUST have ok'd it. i dont think victoria's secret would have the balls to copy it that close....but nowadays who the hell knows...

here's a link to the real song to hear for yourself.
http://www.zhurnal.ru/audio/top10/allmine.ra

----------------------------------------------------------
oh and for any people who don't own that portishead album, ITS RIDICULOUS!!! you need to cop it immediately. one of the best albums i've ever owned....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000 ... oding=UTF8
----------------------------------

peace.

By itchyvinyl Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:13 pm
Yeah, it's Portishead "All Mine".....it's just a different mix than the album mix.

By TREBORREIGN Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:20 pm
Funny but i have owned the Dummy album since 1994 seem people just seem to stumble on portishead i've always asked if people knew who they were and did'nt know but all good things soon get discovered!

By TicToc Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:47 pm
It's a clip from their performance of All Mine, performed live. Matter of fact, its from the LIVE AT ROSELAND NYC performance.

By enotide Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:33 am
TREBORREIGN wrote:Funny but i have owned the Dummy album since 1994 seem people just seem to stumble on portishead i've always asked if people knew who they were and did'nt know but all good things soon get discovered!

No Doubt

I'm Pissed because I would have found them in '94 (Dummy album), but when I went to listen to the CD at "C@CkBuster Music" they had a different CD in the Player.
So I was checking the liner notes and saw sample this and sample that, but it was all Heavy Metal $h!T (nothing against Metal) but that was not what I was expecting.
Then I finally really heard 'em and It was on, Dope $h!t, I saw them Live in like '98 in Orlando.
The Show was off the Hook, I met Geoff, and Beth after the show it was awesome.
I can't wait until they drop another joint, rumor has it this year sometime (That's been the rumor for about 5 or 6 years though).

By bobbybigbeats Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:21 am
portishead lifted 79% of their sound from some crazy french cartoon movie, so they arent tripping
By leonb21 Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:51 pm
yo punchdrunk good lookin out!!