Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Adrian Street Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:23 pm
Has anyone taken their MPC with them while traveling

I just got mine today, but tomorrow im flying internationally for 3 weeks. I want to take mine with me in my hand luggage, but as things these days with airlines are tight. I dont want people to look at me like im crazy of carrying some sort of device.

anyone got any trouble.

perhaps i should just leave it at home and use it when i get back.

By hfinal Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:34 pm
I almost ALWAYS bring with me gear wherever I go. My PT01 + either the SP-303 or the MPC. Never without em, and trust me - you'll go crazy without em.

By djobserv Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:19 am
yo im about to head outer-island for a show and i need to bring my mpc

is it cool if it goes through that xray shit??

you think its going to throw off some shit on the inside??

By djdsk Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:39 am
I always fly with mine and no problem although i live in Asia so manybe the us is tighter on plane control , it shouldnt matter as you can take laptop with you . If you are on a good air line i think it may even be possible to get an adaptor and plug the mpc in and use in flight :)

I take mine on as handluggage but dont put it in the holders just keep it with me .

By cl516 Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:31 am
dude i just picked up a mpc1k bk with the gig bag.
i thought i'd get hassled bringing hand carry right? Wrong.

the lady at the xray machine: you got a laptop?

me: uh no, it's a drum machine.

then her and her security buddy whisper whisper, and they say,

"oh it's probably an MPC."

sure enough, it goes through the xrays, they see the 16 pads,
and it went straight through.

By Alaskan Legacy1908 Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:52 am
Thats cool, I need to get me a gig bag, so now I know I won't get hassled on the plane. I think they only search when u have metal and a laptop. Cuz I put my m-audio keyboard, through the x-ray machine, still in its case, and they didn't even ask me about it. I was like whew! :D

By pad-ophiliac Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:12 am
i ALWAYS take my mpc when i travel, i couldn't go that long without some pad-opilia. anyway, you'll be all good going thru xrays. security always gives me a funny look when it goes thru the xray machine, like i got a bomb or somtin. actually now i just look straight at the person scanning so when they look up at me, i'm already looking at then with a nod to let them know its not a bomb and i'm good people. without a doubt they will pull you aside to check your gear. make sure you politly ask them to handle with care or even better assist in the inspection. otherwise they gonna throw that shit around. oh. and yes, most airlines have a power adapter in 1st class so all you have to do is bring an inverter and you can use it in-flight.

By DR.UhhMs Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:41 pm
yep i didnt have a problem and check under your seat, i didnt find this til like 3 hours in but they got outlets under your seat.
By suq3030 Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:13 pm
There is not any issue to carry MPC while travelling. Have you not travelled with MPC before? There is nothing to worry about.
By JUKE 179r Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:45 pm
Was he flying on TWA for this reply to a 13 year ago post?
By hellnegative Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:13 pm
I always have a piece of gear on me when flying whether it be an electribe, monologue, mpc live, etcetera. I also removed the key beds off of all of my synths, so no one ever knows what the heck they are. I get weird looks from flight attendants, but I've never had any issues with TSA, ISA, or Customs.
By Joswun Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:02 pm
Yeah, I got on a plane the day after I bought my MPC Live, it was in my carry on. They treat it like a laptop so when you're going through security, put it in a separate bin from everything else, don't even put your cell phone with it... you're good.