Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By distortedtekno Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:51 pm
I just got off the phone with Nick from VST and we were discussing the pad issues with the MPC1000.

Since the MPC500 has all the pads on one sheet like all the other MPC's, we both agree that it should be possible to implement this design on the MPC1000.

All Akai need to do is use the same size pad frame that exists on the MPC1000 and re-design it so that this frame and pads (in one piece) can become a drop-in replacement.

Nick suggested that I start this topic, so that Akai will see how many people are interested. So here I am with the proposal.

All in favor, please respond here and let Akai know that we would like see this happen (as we know for a fact that it's been done for the MPC500).

The end result would make just about every MPC1000 owner extremely happy, as well as increase sales for Akai. So it's a win-win situation for all (even if it costs a bit more, I'd pay the money).

Tutor - if you can make this a sticky topic, I'd greatly appreciate it.

PS- To all the MPC1000 haters (and I won't even mention names), please don't respond if you don't have anything positive to say!

8)

By TBonus76 Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:28 am
Interesting idea... I'm all for it if you think that change would fix the pad problems people are having. Are you saying that the design you mentioned would help prevent the glue from coming undone as it was in the old design? I'm not sure I understand exactly how the design change would help, but I have never taken apart a pad, so I'm pretty much a rookie when it comes to the pad design stuff.

Do you mean that all the rubber parst of the pad are on one sheet, or do you mean that all the graphite parts are on one sheet?

By paddles Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:33 am
**** yeah, i'd most def buy a new set of pads. i've been holding off on replacing mine because i know they're the same shit pads..

By seatown350 Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:36 am
shit !!!!! im lovin this idea , if akai does it ima shit my pants and keep that mpc 1000 forever , i'll be a mpc 2000 hater for life ! :lol: but i really wanna see a design for this i would mos def pay for it !

By EMFinite Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:36 am
a GREAT idea!!

By distortedtekno Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:48 am
TBonus76 wrote:Interesting idea... I'm all for it if you think that change would fix the pad problems people are having. Are you saying that the design you mentioned would help prevent the glue from coming undone as it was in the old design? I'm not sure I understand exactly how the design change would help, but I have never taken apart a pad, so I'm pretty much a rookie when it comes to the pad design stuff.

Do you mean that all the rubber parst of the pad are on one sheet, or do you mean that all the graphite parts are on one sheet?

Everything would be on one sheet, like the 60, 3000, 2000/xl, 4000, and 2500.
Since those pads last a long time, it would be well worth the money spent.
Individual pads, as they exist at the moment were never a good idea from the start. Even though it's been speculated (not 100% confirmed) that the new glue on the individual replacements have improved, the overall feel and sensitivity still lacks in quality compared to the other models.

By TBonus76 Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:03 am
distortedtekno wrote:Everything would be on one sheet

Word... I'm down for sure... sounds like a superior design. I would shell out the cash for it for sure.

By distortedtekno Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:07 am
TBonus76 wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:Everything would be on one sheet

Word... I'm down for sure... sounds like a superior design. I would shell out the cash for it for sure.

Cool. I hope everyone else will agree as well. 8)

By DSTRUCT Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:31 pm
im down mos def! hell yeah!

By arondbeats Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:33 pm
i think they should do it. but if it cost over 30 dollars im not buying it.....

By seatown350 Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:38 pm
ahh im guessin more than 30 haha , but it should be at $60 , that would be perfect ! jus think about it akai haha the more less it is the more customers. my message to u guys :lol:

By distortedtekno Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:53 pm
arondbeats wrote:i think they should do it. but if it cost over 30 dollars im not buying it.....

you can't expect much for $30.
as it is, a whole set of the existing pads (the way theyre currently designed) cost $105... and that's a discount, considering they run for $8 a pad.

By distortedtekno Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:54 pm
dstruction wrote:im down mos def! hell yeah!

spread the word fam! 8)

By Fenderhead Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:00 pm
Great Idea .....Im Down

By gunmetal Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:08 pm
:D

We need better pads!!!!