General chatter about music & stuff.
By bicedidit Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:18 pm
so, last night on wnyu radio---the halftime show with dj eclipse had its 9 year anniversary show. all i can say is wow. there must have been 40 mc's tht stopped by to show support and freestyle. Blackmilk, analogik, and some other dude were going back to back to back with beats, and everybody was rippin it.
roc raider had a set live via the net from china---and he merked it!!!! ghost and the theodore unit was there, ruck from heltah skeltah, l swift (swigga), a butta, craig g, jr writer, sabac, ill bill----i cant even remember anymore ppl tht were on, but it is a must hear.

plus, the beats were BANGIN!!!!

anyway, there are 2 links for the show. one link starts at 9 (the show actually starts at 10:30) so for tht link you have to let it load and scroll about 20 minutes in for the show to start.........
lite a blunt and sit back for 2 and a half hours.

http://wnyu.org/archives

check my soundclik link on my myspace page for a live show from 95 with the roots playin live beats---freestyles from sadat, a butta, half a mil, lord tariq, the roots and more.

-out.

By bicedidit Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:38 pm
mindcontrol wrote:props for this

yo, its my pleasure. it takes a little while for the freestyles to get crazy, but its worth the wait.

www.myspace.com/thehalftimeshowanniversary

By kollin Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:57 pm
im lookin forward to checkin this out later on tonight sounds like itll be real nice

By fobedafied Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:14 pm
good lookin on the heads up... we aint got no good hiphop radio out here in LA any more... imma have to check this chit out later tonite...

thanks...

By bicedidit Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:05 pm
fobedafied wrote:good lookin on the heads up... we aint got no good hiphop radio out here in LA any more... imma have to check this chit out later tonite...

thanks...

www.wnyu.org

every wed nite, 10:30pm-1:00am
u can stream live, at good quality.

By TheFirstJimBo Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:43 am
good lookin out

By fobedafied Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:42 am
anyone know any apps that would let me record this? im using winamp to stream it...

By distortedtekno Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:52 am
fobedafied wrote:anyone know any apps that would let me record this? im using winamp to stream it...

audacity lets you record "what you hear". 8)