Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By SpikeyMan Wed May 05, 2004 1:38 pm
Haze: SO you bought one and it works? I wanna know more! Pics and stuff. Gotta get me one of those!! :)

By Blue Haze Wed May 05, 2004 6:42 pm
Sorry I couldn`t post the pics. But go to www.yodobashi.com. Next click on the third button from the left on top is will be red. (Everythings in Japanese). After that go to the bottom of the page and you will see pictures of calculators click on that and finally click to page number 4 and you will see several usb calculators also known as pc calculators too. They range from 10 to 30 dollars U.S. about. :D

By monogee Thu May 06, 2004 12:07 am
Anyone know if the Kensington USB keyboard works with the Akai MPC4000? Thanks
By 4000is1monster Sat May 08, 2004 5:36 am
but what does a usb calculator have to do with the MPC4000? would you just be using it to enter in numerals when you go to name files? I dont understand what a usb calculator is for in relation to the MPC 4000, or even in general outside of an mpc 4000, who the hell uses a usb calculator and what for??
Last edited by 4000is1monster on Sat May 08, 2004 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Reveal Sat May 08, 2004 3:12 pm
4000is1monster wrote:but does a usb calculator have to do with the MPC4000? would you just be using it to enter in numerals when you go to name files? I dont understand what a usb keyboard is for in relation to the MPC 4000, or even in general outside of an mpc 4000, who the hell uses a usb calculator and what for??

lol.
i use a usb keyboard cause its quicker than using the 4k and ak.sys for naming samples,also theres shortcuts to most of the menus, i wanted to check a usb cal because,u can use the jog/shuttle dial on ur 4k..

By monogee Sat May 08, 2004 5:07 pm
When I use the letter P on the USB Keyboard to open the load page and I choose the file I want to load, do I have to hit(DO IT) on the MPC4000 or is there a button on the USB keyboard that can execute that function. Thanks
By 4000is1monster Sat May 08, 2004 6:20 pm
Oringially posted by monogee
When I use the letter P on the USB Keyboard to open the load page and I choose the file I want to load, do I have to hit(DO IT) on the MPC4000 or is there a button on the USB keyboard that can execute that function.

If you look under your MPC 4000 display you will see that the button that you hit for "DO IT" is actully labeled F6... If you look on your keyboard you will also see an F6 button. You can use that Button to execute the "DO IT". You can also execute other functions displayed in with the MPC 4000 Function keys under the display by hitting the F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6 buttons.

By monogee Sat May 08, 2004 7:24 pm
Goodlooking 4000is1monster.
By Blue Haze Sun May 09, 2004 12:30 am
4000is1monster wrote:but what does a usb calculator have to do with the MPC4000? would you just be using it to enter in numerals when you go to name files? I dont understand what a usb calculator is for in relation to the MPC 4000, or even in general outside of an mpc 4000, who the hell uses a usb calculator and what for??

Yes it is very quick and easy for entering numbers and moving around the pages. Mostly I use it in the step edit pages, program, multi, and seq edit for sequencing. Some producers use it for programming the data correction, going block by block and page menus. I use a keyboard for names in sample, save, load, and main pages too. Check out some of the online magazines to see how some of your favorite producers use it. Plus 960 ppq is the resolution of the MPC 4000 and the calculator helps out alot. :D

Re:

By koncepticon Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:05 pm
descry wrote:check akaipro.com go to the resources section, dl the keyboard shortcut .pdf file.

It no longer exists on the website. Anyone got a carbon copy i could glance at??
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:25 am
koncepticon wrote:
descry wrote:check akaipro.com go to the resources section, dl the keyboard shortcut .pdf file.

It no longer exists on the website. Anyone got a carbon copy i could glance at??

It is still on the website Koncepticon

http://b8e57dc469f9d8f4cea5-1e3c2cee902 ... 898a0c.zip