Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.

By illchild Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:51 pm
JaeOne3345 wrote:Highly underrated.

What did you expect? Its from 1991.

I love mine.

Make as many copies as possible without using up ram? Yes.
Dope effects that can be automated and routed to different modulators? Yes.
Multiple sample rates? Yes. (22khz and 17.9 are dope for drums).
Scsi and internal flash rom? Yup.
Super fast chopping? Yup.
Can be treated as a multitimbral sound device? (each instrument can have its own midi input channel) Yup.
Waveboy effects disk (aftermarket) for a DOPE low pass? Yup.

Super easy sequencer? Yup. Just gotta learn how to play **** on time. Play with triplet quantize settings.

Ability to quantize individual NOTES, not just tracks. Within a track you can quantize one note. Thats too ill. Learn to use "set ranges."

Read the manual.

For 1991, this thing **** on mad gear. And this is coming from someone who uses an s950, sp1200, and eps16+ daily.

Learn your gear?

Overrated my ass.

chuuuuuch!!!
learn your equipment and you can do anything!

By distantb Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:48 pm
Just picked a eps16+ for a bomb ass deal , so far so good pretty easy to navigate the menus to get shit done.

Anyone got the manual in pdf? I found one on the net but its german! =)

By dabmeister Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:34 pm
distantb wrote:Anyone got the manual in pdf? I found one on the net but its german! =)
See if you can translate it with translation s/w or something. :idea:

By The Grublet Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:41 pm
I was wondering... I have the sample expander in mine... Is this in leu of the scsi port, meaning if I unscrew the sample expander, is there a scsi port that it is plugged into?

By The Grublet Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:19 am
kiss ass. I have it 20 feet from me, answer if you know or shut your mouth. its like the mods are getting red apples from all you damn manual promoters.

:?

By distantb Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:26 am
The Grublet read all the replys befor you start your bitching. I asked for the manual , thanks for the link!

By es-k Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:10 am
Lord Toranaga wrote:I do know the answer to your scsi problem, but flowers you
:lol:

By The Grublet Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:56 am
:P
By golden-era Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:53 am
Just a bump for a totally ridiculous post. EPS 16 Plus overrated? Hah.

We would not be blessed with Enter the 36 without one!

How about The Infamous? Or the 1st Onyx record. And a classic indy album the 1st Cann Ox done on the EPS 16 Plus.

If you messed with a SP1200 yo u would say that is overrated because of the limited features and 0 effects.

ASR, EPS, MPCs and SP all incredible pieces which created some of the best hip hop ever.

What an ignorant post.