Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...

By Scheme Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:14 pm
4-5k for a new producer

nit wrote:i hear the standard is 5k for a beat

By Ldizzy Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:28 pm
dunnow about his liveness.. funny story here!

i remember hearing him talkin about how live he wanted it to be with people he works with.. its a matter of energy..

to meditate on that.. i felt him on that point! u know... when u have ur mpc plugged in... i always kinda want to rock beats for my friends... instead of ... playing them the cd... it kinda... sounds better...

All i know about swizz is that he gots fire in his drums... was the beat u heard unique??? I know he did sum pretty shitty stuff like taht D12 beat... but thats just my opinion.. i mean... hes a true inspiration to me!

i heard swizz gets 100 - 200 grand a beat, but i dont remember where i read it. I also heard he makes them super fast

When u listen to his shit it makes no doubt.. its just.. live bangers.. i dont think that meant ''makin them live'' (although i know he was quoted for that too... so no offense to scheme!)

and...

I saw him, I watched him from the side and peeping his game tactic.

What can u share wit us meheheh?

Re:

By Scheme Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:18 am
Ldizzy wrote:dunnow about his liveness.. funny story here!

i remember hearing him talkin about how live he wanted it to be with people he works with.. its a matter of energy..

to meditate on that.. i felt him on that point! u know... when u have ur mpc plugged in... i always kinda want to rock beats for my friends... instead of ... playing them the cd... it kinda... sounds better...

All i know about swizz is that he gots fire in his drums... was the beat u heard unique??? I know he did sum pretty **** stuff like taht D12 beat... but thats just my opinion.. i mean... hes a true inspiration to me!

i heard swizz gets 100 - 200 grand a beat, but i dont remember where i read it. I also heard he makes them super fast

When u listen to his **** it makes no doubt.. its just.. live bangers.. i dont think that meant ''makin them live'' (although i know he was quoted for that too... so no offense to scheme!)

and...

I saw him, I watched him from the side and peeping his game tactic.

What can u share wit us meheheh?

LMAO I'm replying 8 years later? :WTF:
SWIZZ's tactics just included him pretending to make beats on the fly, with drunk heads standing around they didnt see what I saw. He pretended to make the beat and sold it for a few grand, thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

BTW this is a very old thread and I know nobody is getting anywhere near these kinds of numbers anymore since technology has taken over the production & beat making game... EVERYONE IS A PRODUCER/BEAT MAKER NOW!
By The Jackal Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:40 am
i get $10 mil a bar