New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By philosophical_36@hotmail. Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:36 am
Hi everybody, I've been making beats for like 2,5 years using software, but I'm thinking of buying a MPC.
Simply for the fact that a lot of software I used, Fruityloops, Reason, Cubase, Acid, have a lot of extra features which in my eyes limit my creativity for making beats.
I'm making classic sample-based hip hop beats.
I sample from vinyl, cd, tv, whatever u know.
But my question is what are the benefits of a MPC2000xl and MPC1000.
What can a 2000xl do a MPC 1000 can't and the other way around.
I understand the 1000 has the feature for hooking a pc up to it using USB. This feature is apeeling to me cause I'm planning to record samples in to a MPC and then editing it in to Soundforge and then load it back to the MPC, but u could do the same using ZIP on a 2000xl right ? Could someone help me with this choice.....thnx in advance

By BRAVO Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:12 am
Boooooooooooooooooooo :evil:

By philosophical_36@hotmail. Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:47 am
yeah yeah, I'm not asking for some dumb answer, bravo man. If u don't have usefull info, don't post here.

By LabWorkz Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:02 am
MPC-Tutor will help u! :roll:

By LabWorkz Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:14 am
philosophical_36@hotmail. wrote:thnx :shock:

No prob! :shock: :roll: MPC2000XL.net will help u as well u should check that out playa! :wink:

By wordupcuz Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:17 am
whoa. :?

By LabWorkz Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:42 am
BRAVO wrote:Boooooooooooooooooooo :evil:

~LMAO! 8)
By 247beatz Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:56 pm
philosophical_36@hotmail. wrote:Hi everybody, I've been making beats for like 2,5 years using software, but I'm thinking of buying a MPC.
Simply for the fact that a lot of software I used, Fruityloops, Reason, Cubase, Acid, have a lot of extra features which in my eyes limit my creativity for making beats.
I'm making classic sample-based hip hop beats.
I sample from vinyl, cd, tv, whatever u know.
But my question is what are the benefits of a MPC2000xl and MPC1000.
What can a 2000xl do a MPC 1000 can't and the other way around.
I understand the 1000 has the feature for hooking a pc up to it using USB. This feature is apeeling to me cause I'm planning to record samples in to a MPC and then editing it in to Soundforge and then load it back to the MPC, but u could do the same using ZIP on a 2000xl right ? Could someone help me with this choice.....thnx in advance

for the future, if you have a "this vs. that" question. the search button is good for that. we have talked about this a million times. Im not knockin you, or tryin to make you look stupid. Like if you got a question about 3000 vs. 4000 or something like that. if you search youll come up with 3000 different topics.