Can't decide which MPC to choose? Read these resources or post your questions here.
By 14k Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:12 pm
The Boom Chick, click or whatever it was called was scrapped to make way for a new design. The Linn II was supposed to replace it, but he's even chaned that design from his latest updates on the project. Now he's keeping everything secret until the new release date. I doubt he's gonna work with Akai/Numark again, there was some bad blood with the two parties years ago!
Here's the latest update the Linn II --->> Click Here

I really wouldn't buy gear as soon as it is launched for many reasons!
1.) I want to hear about all the issues and bugs it may have.
2.) The retail price is always at it's highest point.
3.) You always have "Gear-Nerds" buying the latest gadget only to sale it later for cheaper prices.
4.) It's always the best time to buy the last model before the newest one! (example: If you want a Fantom X8, buy it now that the G8 is out!

This doesn't always work out, but it's a good strategy!
Last edited by 14k on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By moyphee Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:37 am
Yeah, early adopters always pay a hefty premium to be first on the block. Another thing that if you wait the companies offer rebates, bundles ,and extras after the initial hype dies down.

On the upside. There's some really sweet deals from cats selling there old gear.
By xibalba1875 Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:03 pm
moyphee wrote:Yeah, early adopters always pay a hefty premium to be first on the block. Another thing that if you wait the companies offer rebates, bundles ,and extras after the initial hype dies down.

On the upside. There's some really sweet deals from cats selling there old gear.

agreed prime latest example. look at all of the suckers who bought hd-dvd players (especially when they first came out) never buy anything when it first comes out let all of the suckers and rich btches buy em. they are bound to have bugs and problems with it anyways.
By 14k Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:09 pm
Even though Roger Linn hasn't finalized his design, there's one thing that I noticed that confirms my belief that the MV was aimed toward the future! If you look at the back panel....he also has a place for a VGA monitor like the MV's came out with! I wish Akai would implement that concept! My worse experience with MPC's are the LCD screens fading out. The VGA option would eliminate that concern for me!!

Click Here then Zoom to full scale! It's blue and easy to spot!
By 14k Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:24 pm
Well.....you got me there! I agree with you 100%

When we talk about coulda-woulda-shoulda...... I think the 5k coulda came with a VGA or at least a blank panel with the option to upgrade! At the end of the day, I know Akai is not in business to just please me, but that would be on my list before I buy another Akai product! At least on this end of Namm! :wink:
By Muied Lumens Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:31 am
14k wrote:Even though Roger Linn hasn't finalized his design, there's one thing that I noticed that confirms my belief that the MV was aimed toward the future! If you look at the back panel....he also has a place for a VGA monitor like the MV's came out with!

The future? This came out in the mid-eighties:

:mrgreen:
By 14k Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:27 am
Muied Lumens wrote:The future? This came out in the mid-eighties:
:mrgreen:

Ok, you got me, but if I'm not mistaking.....your picture shows that Roland did it back then too! So really I'm still right! :mrgreen:
By moyphee Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:13 pm
Askia Shaheed wrote:The MPC 3000 has an option for an external monitor.....

You're right, but it's pretty damn hideous if you've seen it. It's an exact port from the LCD with all of the same monochrome pixelated text, but a lot chunkier. I mean "Lego block" chunky! It's not scaled so the text is huge and congested making it virtually unusable. to make matters worse ,you still had to use the control surface for everything.

A bad idea from the start IMO.
By Askia Shaheed Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:07 am
If people start making music with their ears instead of their eyes...maybe we would have better music. A lack of a VGA monitor has certainly not stopped the creativty of many musicians....
By konc3pt Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:08 am
Askia Shaheed wrote:If people start making music with their ears instead of their eyes...maybe we would have better music. A lack of a VGA monitor has certainly not stopped the creativty of many musicians....

is that why you always gotta have the latest and greatest ?

mpc2500, roland mv8000, now mpc 5000 and fantom g... somehow they all got big screens with exception of mpc2500
By Askia Shaheed Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:18 am
konc3pt wrote:
Askia Shaheed wrote:If people start making music with their ears instead of their eyes...maybe we would have better music. A lack of a VGA monitor has certainly not stopped the creativty of many musicians....

is that why you always gotta have the latest and greatest ?

mpc2500, roland mv8000, now mpc 5000 and fantom g... somehow they all got big screens with exception of mpc2500

I will always purchase the latest and greatest...but this has nothing to do with screen sizes...