For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Upright Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:12 pm
objektivone wrote:P.O.S.

I bought it and have done everything to get samples on it and cannot. Also, it completely shuts down in the middle of making beats and you lose everything. The latest updates haven't helped except taking up more memory in the iPhone an collapsing it even more. Also, when making beats the latency is horrible so you have to edit everything by hand in the sequencer anyways.

SP-404 with batteries, or MPC500 with batteries. There is your portable beat machine.

I actually want my damn money back from Intua.

I'm sorry to hear that. I know that Beatmaker is very heavy on the CPU so if you have an over abundance of apps and music on your iPhone/iPod touch maybe this is the problem.I personally don't have a problem running Beatmaker but then again I don't have a ton of stuff on my iPhone, I have an 8gig and more than half is free space. Good luck getting things ironed out. :D
By objektivone Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:16 pm
Upright wrote:
objektivone wrote:P.O.S.

I bought it and have done everything to get samples on it and cannot. Also, it completely shuts down in the middle of making beats and you lose everything. The latest updates haven't helped except taking up more memory in the iPhone an collapsing it even more. Also, when making beats the latency is horrible so you have to edit everything by hand in the sequencer anyways.

SP-404 with batteries, or MPC500 with batteries. There is your portable beat machine.

I actually want my damn money back from Intua.

I'm sorry to hear that. I know that Beatmaker is very heavy on the CPU so if you have an over abundance of apps and music on your iPhone/iPod touch maybe this is the problem.I personally don't have a problem running Beatmaker but then again I don't have a ton of stuff on my iPhone, I have an 8gig and more than half is free space. Good luck getting things ironed out. :D

I have an 8 gig with 7.5 gigs free. =(
By poundaproblem Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:21 pm
The iPhone normally crashes apps when too many are running, there are a few things you can do to free up power.

1. Go to each app, (weather, stocks, camera) and open them up real quick, Hold down the home button for about 5 seconds until the app closes. When you click the home button once that gets you out of the app but its still running in the background. Holding down the button closes the app. Do this to each app.

2. Go to settings and under safari clear history, cookies and cache.

3. Hold down the sleep button and the home button for about 6 seconds. This will reboot the entire phone.

lastly, If im using beat maker I put the phone in airplane mode so the phone is not using power trying to get signal. All of these things combined will improve the phones performance accross the board not just for the beat maker.
By objektivone Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:41 pm
poundaproblem wrote:The iPhone normally crashes apps when too many are running, there are a few things you can do to free up power.

1. Go to each app, (weather, stocks, camera) and open them up real quick, Hold down the home button for about 5 seconds until the app closes. When you click the home button once that gets you out of the app but its still running in the background. Holding down the button closes the app. Do this to each app.

2. Go to settings and under safari clear history, cookies and cache.

3. Hold down the sleep button and the home button for about 6 seconds. This will reboot the entire phone.

lastly, If im using beat maker I put the phone in airplane mode so the phone is not using power trying to get signal. All of these things combined will improve the phones performance accross the board not just for the beat maker.

You just know everything about everything. Damn. I didn't know this. But the problem still remains. No matter how many times I try, and how many forums I search through....

I CAN'T LOAD SAMPLES INTO BEATMAKER!!!!!!!

I don't care. I bought an SP-404 today to carry around. Screw you iPhone.

(none of this was sarcastic. you really do know a lot. LOL)
By Shadyrest59 Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:16 pm
If all goes well today, I'll have an iPod Touch today.

*crosses fingers*
By mrcrappypantson Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:34 pm
How f!@#ing nice are the effects in this?? In all of my experience with electronic instruments, despite what I heard and read, I never realized how fantastic a simple 3 band EQ is to shape your sound.

Joe Swanson: Uh, Peter, you don't have to pull YOUR pants down.
Peter Griffin: Oh, sorry, I'm still learning
By Shadyrest59 Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:43 pm
Got my Ipod Touch, it's nice to have. Soon I'm getting the Beat Maker program

$150 from Craig's List
By cyrus Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:26 am
nicebeats1 wrote:Wack....y dont they use that technology to better the mpc's, instead of the iphone!!!!

Its things like this that make me wonder why the mpc is so archaic. No doubt i love the mpc, but come on, we all 'hoping' for certain features - when its like, get off your **** ass akai and lets see some good shit...........

i want something like bluebox but more integrated/sync'd with the mpc kind of like the NI maschine.
By elevated Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:21 pm
proppa wrote:there's only one issue i have with it and it's a big one: as of yet there are no pad banks, so you are only dealing with 16 samples at a time.

once this program has more banks, it's On.

This is my question.. A year later-- can Beatmaker sequence more than 16 samples at a time yet?