New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By atebit Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:50 am
I JUST BOUGHT A MPC1000 AND I NEED TO UPGRADE THE RAM, AND I WANNA KNOW EXACTLY WHAT KIND I NEED FOR THE LEAST AMOUNT OF MONEY..SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!

By Dust Bunny Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:04 pm
Look in the manual find the section that refers to memory (technical specifications) if you don't have them manual you can get the info online. Take manual to nearest computer store COMP USA, Best Buyl,Office Max ETC....... Then show them what you want ( for the 2KXL it took 2 72pin simm chips) I think I got mine from best buy pretty cheap The MPC 1000 uses 144 Pin Memory (Laptop Memory). A little advice if you see one of your post that don't get answered it's probably not that no one knows the answer it's probably because the answer is really simple to find. Use the search function at the top of page :wink:

By atebit Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:05 am
thanks alot dust bunny for helping a newbie :D

By pt3r Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:51 am
Of course does the mpc 1k use ram! How on earth would it be able to operate without ram memory where would it keep the samples and sequences while turned on? It uses the flash for storage only.