Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By loose_t Sat May 23, 2020 5:59 pm
I switched to Pro Tools about a year ago. Very rewarding if you put the time in to learn it properly. One thing I love is how easy it is to align the grid to audio I’ve recorded from hardware synths, drum machines etc. Slightly wonky hardware midi jitter is no longer an issue and you can continue working to a grid without having to mess with your audio.
By DokBrown Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:10 pm
I’m not a mixing/mastering dude so I will just relay on my new MPC LIVE & old ableton LIVE/push. I was just wondering whether pro tools/LOGIC/STEINBERG are STILL the audio standard or are people moving to newer platforms like PRESONUS / BITWIG / REAPER.

I’m talking about traditional audio mix/master DAWs NOT sampling/midi capabilities.

Presonus seems to be adding solid hardware to the STUDIO ONE lineup.

https://www.presonus.com/products/Control-Surfaces
By Sense-A Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:26 pm
Pro Tools was never popular at an individual level. It was always pushed on to people at colleges and by studios as "industry standard." I never thought anyone would use it if given freedom of choice and personal preference.

The pricing and the dongles and activation have become ridiculous.

I refuse to pay for any software that makes me carry dongles around or forces me to "phone home" to some foreign network server to monitor my usage. It's bad enough that Windows tries to spy on me. I also want to be able to make music even if I didn't pay the internet bill this month.