Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Blue Haze Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:01 am
It is possible to set up a three band eq in the triple filter using eq and eq+. Also using the Aksys system real time it is easier to manipulate the values. :D

By ikke Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:25 pm
Ok, big fella. :) I made a post some hours ago bout this. Posting double posts is not allowed! :P
http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=25516

But I guess we talk bout here then :roll:

EQ+ is more EQ... So is EQ less EQ? (EQ-)
What is NOT? (off, eq, eq+, not)
Last edited by ikke on Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By ikke Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:27 pm
Last edited by ikke on Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By ikke Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:33 pm
The Tripple. This is awesome! You can mix your entire track with EQ the way you want.
If you EQ your drums with the tripple and your snare pops out too loud, you go to the snare sound and apply a new tripple to that.
With this method, you can EQ every d*rn sound in tha 4k! :D

By Blue Haze Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:12 pm
ikke wrote:The Tripple. This is awesome! You can mix your entire track with EQ the way you want.
If you EQ your drums with the tripple and your snare pops out too loud, you go to the snare sound and apply a new tripple to that.
With this method, you can EQ every d*rn sound in tha 4k! :D

That`s what I`m talking about we can help and talk to each other civil. I was a little hesitant to say at first cuz I didn`t want to get into another arguement. You are welcome I`m glad you can see the potential and deepness of some of the 4k.

At least we are on the same page on this peace.

By ikke Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:26 pm
:!:
Last edited by ikke on Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Blue Haze Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:52 pm
ikke wrote:Yes indeed. We are getting more and more on the same page regarding the MPC4000 in general.
After spending a few days with it more intense, I begin to like this baby more and more! I even sequence with it again. :wink:
[b*tching mode on] Tho some things NEED to be added ASAP! :P [b*tching mode off]

So whats the "EQ" and "NOT"? -> in this line: "off, EQ+, EQ, NOT, etc"
The ref manuals from the Z8 and from the 4k dont explain the filters..

NOT is Notch filter and EQ+ emphasis the sound more like the LPF+ emphasis it more. Use in conjunction with Aksys and its a little easier to use. With Aksys you can use the preset setting on the different types of filters and modulation.

By ikke Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:10 pm
So than if you use the notch, you apply negative gain to the sound and if ya use EQ or EQ+ u gain up a certain frequency?

By Blue Haze Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:53 pm
ikke wrote:So than if you use the notch, you apply negative gain to the sound and if ya use EQ or EQ+ u gain up a certain frequency?

That`s right.

By DiRtyNoRth Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:42 pm
Lord Toranaga wrote:this is great advice.

I normally use filters to eq in my beats. Mainly because that is how we always had to do it, back in the days...

The tipple filter is sick!!!

That's what EQ's are anyway a bunch of filters.
By Kid Captain Coolout Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:28 am
It took me a while to break an old EQing habit i had but, i've finally given the Tripple EQ a chance. It was about 3 weeks ago when i started tweaking my kicks with it. Now, it's all across the board. This one technique has lead to a change in so many others, with just one try. Great advice guys, a lot is becoming more clear to me.

By rookie Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:00 am
parden my ignorance of this particular matter that is presently at hand,but once you set your eq can you save the paramer's?(is my old english voice working or what)? 8)

By Blue Haze Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:41 am
rookie wrote:parden my ignorance of this particular matter that is presently at hand,but once you set your eq can you save the paramer's?(is my old english voice working or what)? 8)

Yes either save the program or save the multi :idea:

Save the program if you wish and use it in an autoload program at start up same with the mulit for programs and effects.

But really you don`t have to just remember your settings or solo the part or track with program monitor set to mulit and press play and adjust away. :idea:

And hit the OE after you made your beat I prefer Henny myself that OE rots your gut. :D