Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum

By stephencann Mon May 16, 2005 11:27 am
just because u cant dance to prog trance doesnt mean its not possible more a reflection on ur dancing abilities[/quote]

True I physically can't jump up and down that fast, and feel a bit gay waving my hands in the air all the time!!!

But thats probably my age. I make Techno too but its all pitched right down. Love it though.

By nightvoyager Mon May 16, 2005 3:55 pm
so what you're sayin is that you haven't changed but the name of the genre has? shoot, remind me not to pick up your EP.

No. I guess I just classify "Techno" different than everyone. Sorry.

B 8)

By nightvoyager Mon May 16, 2005 4:08 pm
Progressive Trance. What in the name of grud is that??? You can't dance to that!!!!!!!

Uhm, ....yeah......

You know, musical style and the style you choose is a reflection of your interest in music, and your influences. It's our art form. Just because I classify my music a certian way, or that I'm not into Techno as much as I used to doesn't give everyone a reason to knock what I do, or how I classify it. I'd never do that to anyone of you. I just simply left a post to this thread stating my opinion, and to let you guys know what I'm doing. Not to get anyone mad at me.

By saying that I don't do Techno, I would if it's '94....I simply saying that becasue I DID do Techno in '94. Now, I simply do a different kind of "Techno" now I guess......I don't know; I've never been too anal about genre's....I mean....there are so many styles, and nowadays you see alot of blending of styles to make new ones.......doesn't it seem that's how electronic music evolves?

I too have to admit, that I haven't heard much of the new Techno coming out of the UK lateley. So I think I need to check out that scene again...

I meant no harm by my statement. I guess you'll just have to hear my tracks for your self, and I'll let the listener make the decision of the genre.

I guess I'll just keep it that; I make electronic music.

:wink:

B 8)

By james.athes Mon May 16, 2005 5:16 pm
stephencann wrote:just because u cant dance to prog trance doesnt mean its not possible more a reflection on ur dancing abilities

True I physically can't jump up and down that fast, and feel a bit gay waving my hands in the air all the time!!!

But thats probably my age. I make Techno too but its all pitched right down. Love it though.[/quote]

back to what u said origonally...

what the grud is proggressive trance???? (or something to that effect)

must be that u really dont know because it doesnt have that fast a bpm certainly not compared to techno so now eratic jumpin up an down really fast is required or waving of the hands its much deeper than all that sounds like u got mixed up with cheasy commercial dance to me hhmmm what ever floats ur boat though

By JimiTheGenius Mon May 16, 2005 7:24 pm
I produce Electro Bass, Miami Bass, & Hip Hop on my MPC1000...
I believe there is no limitations on whatever type of music you what to do on it... I have yet to produce Techno or House on it but,
I sure you can make some ill ass basslines with those 4-4 beatz... I think as long as you got dat beat in you, You can make it happen...

One
By LOWEBRAU Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:11 pm
Yes, still.
Checkout Bookworms from NYC as well.

I've seen a lot of live techno sets with MPC's
It's not easy but doable depending on how you set it up.
With JJOS, it opens up the machine way more.
I have to agree that the lack of knobs and direct use of the filters, envelopes, and effects is really limiting and annoying.
It's all about the mute pages.
Midi sequencing other instruments with it is amazing tho! Have it playing a Moog Mother 32, Volca Bass and FM, and a Novation K Station separately.
By John Vandenberghe Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:32 pm
I try to make industrial techno on the MPC.
I use it in conjunction with an octatrack and some synths. It is great for that. I can get effects and tweak them live with the individual outs. I use the ins of the octatrack and a boss re 20 delay pedal and a moog filter pedal. I also resample a bunch of stuff through my pedal board (I also play guitar).
As others have mentioned it works great with mutes and next sequence modes.
I don't use it to sequence that much, I mostly just sample almost all my sounds.

Oh and get jjosxl btw, sooo good!
By Headphones Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:56 am
I’ve got plans to make techno/breaks with my MPC 1000. But I’ve got $395 to come up with first. (I’m doing layaway at my local music shop)

I’ll be chaining to my Electribrs Ea-1 & Er-1 mk2, and my Volcas. I’ve got a Electrix FilterFactory & MoFX to get extra FX kept in time with Midi, and a Moogerfooger MF-104a for bucketbrigade delay. So it’s just a matter of figuring out how to trigger it all together.