Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Rthentic Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:21 pm
So, I just got the 4000, traded up from the 3000, And have trouble with truncating a sound because when I press the pad on One Shot, and hit the pad before the sample ends it doubles, triples, etc...
Can I set My pad to stop the sample when it hit the pad again?

This machine is great I can tell, I'm just gonna need some time, HAha

Thank You
Peace And Blessings
Rich

By Altopiano Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:02 pm
yo - congrats and welcome ....

this question has been asked lotsa times - so before someone starts to SHOUT ... :lol: ::: go into program mode, hit pitch (f3) and set poly to 1.

as for the usually next upcomin question - if ya want a sample to cut anotherone off - use the column next to it and assign it to the same mute group

... enjoy the 4k
By Rthentic Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:24 am
I'm still having trouble in the actual truncating page though.....I press the pad multiple times and the sound overlaps time and time again.....How Do I Get The Sound To Stop As I Press The Pad Over And Over? I do this so I can catch the note or whatever I wanna chop.....Been doing this with the SP 1200 And MPC 3000 for a very long time, So It's biult into Me now?
Please Help If You Can
Thank You
Peace And Blessings
R.Thentic
By NelsonCruz Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:33 pm
What i think he wants to know is the setting that the 2000xl has also. I have been wondering how to do this myself, since I used to work on the 2000xl before upgrading to the 4000.

By drumtrack Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:39 pm
"Can I set My pad to stop the sample when it hit the pad again? "

:arrow: go into a program, navigate the cursor to a note number (pitch or kg mix page) and press window
select the desired play trigger option. Refer to the manual to find out what the options mean
...Its the same window where to copy program parameters

By nikenn Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:54 pm
When your in the Sample Edit page, you can choose to monitor the Sample, Program, or the Multi. Move to the Monitor field and change this to Program.
If you have this set to Sample, you are hearing the sample and won't hear any of the settings changed in the Program mode (ie Poly to 1 or mute groups).

You will still need to set the Poly to 1 to get the result you desire.

By nikenn Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:58 pm
You should also be able to select Sample in the Monitor field and change the Play Mode to "No Looping" This will let you hear the sample play as you hold the pad, when you release the pad, sample playback will stop.

got this all from page 68 and 69 of the original MPC4k manual

By fader-pro Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:48 pm
Another way to accomplish your goal is to assign the same sample to two different pads then also assign them to the same mute group. MAkes it easier to do what you are trying to do because you can now hit two different pads to get that "stacatto" sound you are looking for...

By drumtrack Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:45 pm
r u guys enjoing repeating the same stuff over & over again? :roll:
By Rthentic Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:58 pm
I found that the main problem I was having was that the 1.71 os was defective so I installed the 1.51 and all seems to be going well. Now, I can get in and start learning for real. I hope all of My MOC 3000 know how will apply. The sooner I get started the better!!!!!
Thank You All For Your Help. I was really aided quite a bit.
Peace And Blessings
R.Thentic

By momelody4ya Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:13 pm
Its good to hear you got it to work out. What was the problem with OS1.71?

Also, I'm curious what you think of the sound of the 4K compared to the 3K. I know the 4K has alot of nice updated features but I heard the 3K might have beefier sound.

By AWW_NAWW Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:11 am
momelody4ya wrote:Its good to hear you got it to work out. What was the problem with OS1.71?

Also, I'm curious what you think of the sound of the 4K compared to the 3K. I know the 4K has alot of nice updated features but I heard the 3K might have beefier sound.

nothing and not true
By Rthentic Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:55 am
The main reason I acquired the 4000 is because I'm capable of cutting off the sounds on more than just two pads, as the 3000 does. I'm from the SP 1200 school and all You have to do on that is assign the sounds to the same output and they'll cut eachother off. It gives Me the feel of being in front of the turntables.
But, From what I see in comparison to the MPCs is that the 4000 seems to be a whole new and different instrument at first glance. But, little by little I see the similarities.
Thank You Again
Peace And Blessings
Rich