Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000

By Krux Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:32 am
Hey Dstruct, if you do it, it would be cool if you took photos as you went along and then posted up a bit of a tutorial. Just an idea.

Godspeed :wink:

By DSTRUCT Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:43 pm
WDJ wrote:Hey Dstruct, if you do it, it would be cool if you took photos as you went along and then posted up a bit of a tutorial. Just an idea.

no doubt ill see if i can grab my roomates digi cam, i got the day off today, so ima attempt this

By pt3r Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:12 pm
Good luck, don't rush anything and touch some earthed metal b4 touching the inner parts of your mpc (static electricity can fry electronics).

By fareed Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:37 pm
IT's really simple and long as you dont force anything you'll be fine. I've installed ram, screens and 8 outs flowers a professional. I had one replace the scsi fuse and my chyt still dont work. (straight floppies) Dont be scurred

By RonDu Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:01 pm
I wanna replace my sh*t too with a different color. But I wanna try to modify it some way where it can flip like the XL's. Anyone know of how to accomplish this?

Keep us up on ya status, Dstruct

By DSTRUCT Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:06 pm
RonDu wrote:I wanna replace my sh*t too with a different color. But I wanna try to modify it some way where it can flip like the XL's. Anyone know of how to accomplish this?

Keep us up on ya status, Dstruct

That would take some work to get it to flip, but probably wouldnt be so hard to make it tilted up permanent (hard, but not as hard as making a hinge for it lol).

alright guys, im going in....
By DSTRUCT Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:04 am
and it works great.

took about a half an hour and i was going mad slow. ill post up some pics in a second.

By DSTRUCT Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:11 am
heres a link the the photos of the operation
http://photos.yahoo.com/dstruction1

basically heres how i did it. I will not be held responsible if you flowers your mpc up trying this. But hey, some people consider this a tough job, for professionals only.

step 1- remove static from your body and take good screen from unplugged broken mpc (refer to step 2 for info on removing cover). I had to unscrew the top circuit board (the one with the pad sensors) to slide it back to get access to the screens connections. the top circuit board is held in place with 5 screws, 2 on each side, and one on top under the cursor buttons. Once its slid back, you can remove the 2 tiny screws holding the screen (and its circuit board) in place. Once those are out, pull it up a little so you can get to the connections. theres 2 connections, the small white one with 2 wires on it, that comes off with pressure on either side of the connection, then just pull it out. the other connection is a longer black one, with a ribbon wire hooked up to it. pull up on the outter rim of the connection to release the pressure on the ribbon. Once its free, you can pull it out, and theres your screen.

step 2- take cover off good mpc- unplug unit and discharge static from your body. pop off your note variation slider knob thingy, then remove the 2 big screws on both sides, 3 screws on the back. Remove the 3 screws on the under the front cap, then the cap will slide out straight to you. Once thats off, theres 3 more screws in the front holding the main part of the cover down, remove those then gently take off the cover. Now is a good time to clean the dust out of the inside of your machine, or maybe even customize the paint on the cover.

step 3- slide the top circuit board back (5 screws) and remove the defective screen the same way as i removed the good screen in step 1. Now install the good screen the same way you took it out, and make sure your ribbon is going in the right way, and your connections are tight. Next, rescrew the top circuit board and put the cover back on in reverse of how you took it off.

step 4- plug in mpc and look at your new screen.

By DSTRUCT Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:25 am
WDJ wrote:Hey Dstruct, if you do it, it would be cool if you took photos as you went along and then posted up a bit of a tutorial. Just an idea.

http://photos.yahoo.com/dstruction1

thanx for the idea

By BRAVO Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:40 am
Bet your happy now....Them lines looked nasty! That woulda have pisssed me off a longtime ago

By DSTRUCT Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:47 am
BRAVO wrote:Bet your happy now....Them lines looked nasty! That woulda have pisssed me off a longtime ago

trust me they did!

By pt3r Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:01 am
Nice work! you should post a link to this in the useful links thread, I'm sure there's a lot o' peeps who could use this information.

By nowald Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:47 pm
Very nice pics! Where did you get the black knobs at the other MPC? Or did you make it yourself?

By DSTRUCT Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:47 pm
nowald wrote:Very nice pics! Where did you get the black knobs at the other MPC? Or did you make it yourself?

thanx man

i just painted the knobs, slider, buttons and data wheel

By Smoove03 Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:24 pm
good photos D. not planning on changin my screen anytime soon, but ill definately keep this lesson in mind

oh yea, btw...where did you get that mpc you use for parts? ebay? how much did you pay for it?