General chatter about music & stuff.
By Season Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:01 pm
If you haven't seen this DVD you should check it out...even if you not a huge fan......some entertaining stuff.....plus, there is no denying that the Beasties put on a great live show. Here's the read on the back of the DVD:

"To capture themselves in concert at Madison Square Garden in October of 2004, for the final show of their sold out Challah At Your Boy Tour, Adam Yauch (MCA), Michael Diamond (Mike D), and Adam Horovitz (Adrock) distributed a mix of fifty DV and Hi-8 cameras to their fans, wo shot the movie. Ingeniously editing the amateur footage into a mind-blowing, multicolored, psychedelic DIY extavaganza, director Yauch, has created an electrifying, even poetic work that is far more than a mere chronicle of artists at the top of their game." Flaunt Magazine

check it....

Seas'

By Season Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:21 am
that's right....yeah, I'm glad DJ Andreas turned me on to it.

By JOPHILLY Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:35 am
Yo Seas, let me get this straight. they gave out , what 40 or 50 cams to the crowd and let them do all the work for the whole dvd? that sounds like some to see since I'm not going to buy Beat Kings (sorry you guys I wasn't feelin it :? ).

By pigpen Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:10 am
Beastie Boys= Best live act on the planet

DVD was classic, but nothin beats the real thing

I went to that tour and my head almost exploded. MMM was incredible

By distortedtekno Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:43 am
I havent seen it but I gotta cop that. Thanks Season.

One of these days I gotta transfer the very first Beastie Boys video tape to share with everyone. There's some good footage with Jam Master Jay in there.

By pigpen Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:59 am
distortedtekno wrote:I havent seen it but I gotta cop that. Thanks Season.

One of these days I gotta transfer the very first Beastie Boys video tape to share with everyone. There's some good footage with Jam Master Jay in there.

:shock: :shock: :shock: UP THAT PLEASE

By Season Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:37 am
JOPHILLY wrote:Yo Seas, let me get this straight. they gave out , what 40 or 50 cams to the crowd and let them do all the work for the whole dvd? that sounds like some to see since I'm not going to buy Beat Kings (sorry you guys I wasn't feelin it :? ).

yeah, just like I said....they gave out the cameras and let fans do the work...then they obvioulsy edited it...and pigpen, you are right, the beasties def' do their thing live, no boubt...Andreas told me about it and I copped it at Best Buy and it blew me away...definately a worthwhile perchase.

By sol-t Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:11 pm
i think it was adam who was in maxim pumpin up the promo for it before it was released, and he was like - yeah we just returned all the cameras back to sears and best buy when we were done with it... hahhaa..

By distortedtekno Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:19 am
pigpen wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:I havent seen it but I gotta cop that. Thanks Season.

:shock: :shock: :shock: UP THAT PLEASE

I gotta do that at my brother's since he's got the video card for that. so next time i head over there, i'll get him to do that. :)