Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By laban Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:29 am
So i've had this problem with many earlier versions and it still is there in the 4.70.
After using the direct record so that the last sample in memory is something like "take05", I cant assign new samples to the program altough i've sampled something new. So I can have 20 samples and i can see them in the trim mode, but when i try to assign the sample no.20 in program mode, i can't go further than the "take05" sample. Sorry if this post is hard to understand, but does anyone other have this problem??
I haven't reported this to JJ cause its hard to me explain it clearly. :roll:

By laban Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:25 pm
anyone?
By Tapuno Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:51 am
Let me see if i can help. First of all, i had jjos 1(4.99) and was having the same problom, but would max out at take 3 or 4. It seems to me, as if it were the same, that your ram and sampling time have been maxed out. Did you save, or "keep" these recordings, or did u direct record em to an audio track? if so, the mpc automatically saves em for u. I also had an exm 128, and had to change my sampling time.. So try deleting a take, or saving onto your cf card, then deleting from the internal memory, aka ram card. Also remember the more programs you have loaded, more samples you have recorded, the shorter you're sampling time is going to be. The mpc does not directly read off of your cf card, it loads everything to your RAM card first. And although 128 megs is a handful, it is not alot. So keep that in mind and i hope it helps. If ur using the stock akai 16 meg RAM, remember your gonna hold ALOT less. the cards are pretty expensive but worth the price. Also theres guys on here that do it ghetto like wth 256 meg computer cards, so ask which one to use. Peace, from a noob to a nob.
By Tapuno Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:44 am
Tapuno wrote:Let me see if i can help. First of all, i had jjos 1(4.99) and was having the same problom, but would max out at take 3 or 4. It seems to me, as if it were the same, that your ram and sampling time have been maxed out. Did you save, or "keep" these recordings, or did u direct record em to an audio track? if so, the mpc automatically saves em for u. I also had an exm 128, and had to change my sampling time.. So try deleting a take, or saving onto your cf card, then deleting from the internal memory, aka ram card. Also remember the more programs you have loaded, more samples you have recorded, the shorter you're sampling time is going to be. The mpc does not directly read off of your cf card, it loads everything to your RAM card first. And although 128 megs is a handful, it is not alot. So keep that in mind and i hope it helps. If ur using the stock akai 16 meg RAM, remember your gonna hold ALOT less. the cards are pretty expensive but worth the price. Also theres guys on here that do it ghetto like wth 256 meg computer cards, so ask which one to use. Peace, from a noob to a nob.
Its me again man misread the thread. Do it give u a "sample error"message or just dont do it?
If it give u the "sample error " message, i tried clearing up some programs on my old mpc and that let me do it. Its a doozie, but i dont think its a bug. Sorry if i sounded high n mighty as if i know what im talkin about lol, i was just into it bruh. But yeah i had the same problom. And it was cuz i had a shy ton of programs loaded. Peace