Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By master-ceo Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:40 am
Sorry if this has been posted.
I just wanna add that I bought a new black mpc1000 this week, opened it up and it had the new PADS. Although I didn't need to open it up, I could tell just by the feel. It felt a little similar to my MPD24. CHEA!!!

Video of the New Pads Originally posted by MessyMike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1KVomsajeg

The infamous Black MPC 1000 shipped with the 07 PADS
Last edited by master-ceo on Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:34 am, edited 6 times in total.

By distortedtekno Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:38 am
:shock:

i don't even know what to say about that right now.
it's good that akai had done this. but on the other hand, all of us who bought brand new mpc1000's from 2003 till now got short-changed.

By master-ceo Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:52 am
It says MPC1000BK JAN on UPC. It also came with OS 2.11 installed.

By gasmask Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:02 am
that's seriously cool for people who would be interested in buying an MPC now. obviously though a lot of people who have bought their MPCs previously and need to spend 200 to upgrade are gonna be pretty pissed.

By Lithion Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:32 am
I think we need some more verification other than your opinion on how it feels. Do we have this confirmed by Akai US that the new pads come on the new mpcs?

By jbl Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:51 am
i was just wonderin this today. that seems about right, now they can sell more new units. actually mine came with 128 meg ram so i guess that kinda was a screw over to original mpc1k consumers. really is steep at 2bills though. watch the blue units double in price :lol: for nostalgia; you know, u can say; when i bought my akai we had hike to the store... whddya say SENSITIVE pads, sounds like a female problem.

By bees80 Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:32 am
open it up and make a picture and hook us up please!

By bees80 Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:40 am
if its true i'm def gonna visit akai in the netherlands with a clay bomb or something

By master-ceo Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:02 am
jbl wrote:i was just wonderin this today. that seems about right, now they can sell more new units. actually mine came with 128 meg ram so i guess that kinda was a screw over to original mpc1k consumers. really is steep at 2bills though. watch the blue units double in price :lol: for nostalgia; you know, u can say; when i bought my akai we had hike to the store... whddya say SENSITIVE pads, sounds like a female problem.

Mine also Came with 128mb MPC Sound Library CF with about 70mb of cool sounds loaded!

I also own a blue one, and still like those pads. So I can see the price going up. Very complex design and note worthy. nice try but not perfect.

By bees80 Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:05 am
pics pics pics pics pics

pleaseeeeeee

btw ; why did you buy another mpc1k ?

By master-ceo Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:07 am
Lithion wrote:I think we need some more verification other than your opinion on how it feels. Do we have this confirmed by Akai US that the new pads come on the new mpcs?

I verified by opening it up. No reason for me to bring false news here. Call Akai if you dont believe me. :wink:

I guess thats why I see that dude on ebay selling the hell out those old black ones, that he got at the Akai garage sale for $700-$800usd

By master-ceo Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:25 am
bees80 wrote:pics pics pics pics pics

pleaseeeeeee

btw ; why did you buy another mpc1k ?

I needed a new one. Plus i'm a Raiders fan..lol. :D

When my new 20gig HD gets here i'll put a pic up.

By Antonym Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:16 pm
if this isn't an admission of guilt, i don't know what is

old 1k users should NOT be paying for the pad fix.

By Four Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:23 pm
If this is true i'd be very pissed off!

By Antonym Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:06 pm
either master-ceo just got lucky OR it's true. i'm willing to bet it's true.

in other news, ceo, how do you like them? feel good, don't they? or better, at least. i'd still like a softer rubber, as long as that doesn't sacrifice corner hits.