Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By BornElevation Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:59 pm
Since I downloaded 1.7 and had to rescan all my plugins my MPC Vintage mode folder i have on my desktop is not being recognized by the new plugin scanner? Any help would be appreciated, I know some people don't use vintage mode or use it that way as separate insert plugins on a track but I liked to use SP 1200 and MPC60 on certain things individually. Any help would be appreciated.
By MPD MPK RAY Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:44 pm
:popcorn:

THEY DIDNT EVEN MENTION:

Dec 3, 2013 MPC Tutor:

I thought Vintage Mode was hardware based?

You’re not alone – many people assumed this, including myself. Unfortunately much of this stems from a NAMM 2012 interview where an Akai rep mistakenly stated it was purely hardware based. Dan cleared it up in the same video linked to earlier (at around 1.20). The confusion stems from the fact that the Ren has an audio interface that utilises the same analog circuitry design found in 1990’s samplers such as the MPC3000. While this no doubt adds a unique character to the Ren’s audio output (even without the Vintage Mode button enabled), the actual sampler specific modelling is handled purely by the software plugins.
By MPD MPK RAY Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:34 pm
im on your side.......

they sure are quiet after all the whoop whoop!

you able to drag/drop move around plug-ins and route..........mpc60 vintage mode emus?..... Anybody?

:popcorn:
By innerchildmusic Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:39 pm
So does anyone have the vintage mode hack working in 1.7? I think I remember Hellfire dragging the emulations plugins to a channel while demonstrating the drag and drop functions in his 1.7 review video? :-D :hmmm:

Any info on how to do this in 1.7 successfully would be appreciated?
By MPCWeapon1 Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:13 am
BornElevation wrote:Since I downloaded 1.7 and had to rescan all my plugins my MPC Vintage mode folder i have on my desktop is not being recognized by the new plugin scanner? Any help would be appreciated, I know some people don't use vintage mode or use it that way as separate insert plugins on a track but I liked to use SP 1200 and MPC60 on certain things individually. Any help would be appreciated.

Well hopefully you have your original install disk because what you're going to have to do is uninstall 1.7 and you might have to go to your application support folder and trash that AKAI folder and empty the trash. Then Reinstall the MPC Software..you still should have the 1.6 Zip file. Do the 1.6 update. Then do the vintage
Mode hack and scan all your plugins, and then do the 1.7 update again. Vintage Mode folder should be there. You shouldn't have to rescan the plugins. Now, you might not have to do the 1.6 update first, but that's what I did.

Basically you can't do the vintage mode hack with 1.7. It has to already be in effect when you update it. The 1.7 update won't disable it, but it won't let you do the hack if you haven't already done it. I guess the developers were cognizant of a lot end users doing the hack and didnt want to mess up their old projects.
By BornElevation Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:56 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:
BornElevation wrote:Since I downloaded 1.7 and had to rescan all my plugins my MPC Vintage mode folder i have on my desktop is not being recognized by the new plugin scanner? Any help would be appreciated, I know some people don't use vintage mode or use it that way as separate insert plugins on a track but I liked to use SP 1200 and MPC60 on certain things individually. Any help would be appreciated.

Well hopefully you have your original install disk because what you're going to have to do is uninstall 1.7 and you might have to go to your application support folder and trash that AKAI folder and empty the trash. Then Reinstall the MPC Software..you still should have the 1.6 Zip file. Do the 1.6 update. Then do the vintage
Mode hack and scan all your plugins, and then do the 1.7 update again. Vintage Mode folder should be there. You shouldn't have to rescan the plugins. Now, you might not have to do the 1.6 update first, but that's what I did.

Basically you can't do the vintage mode hack with 1.7. It has to already be in effect when you update it. The 1.7 update won't disable it, but it won't let you do the hack if you haven't already done it. I guess the developers were cognizant of a lot end users doing the hack and didnt want to mess up their old projects.

Thanks you are absolutely correct I did exactly as you said and it worked. Thanks alot
By DJ Hellfire Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:09 pm
The hack works for me in 1.7, but I'm on Mac. Shouldn't be any different with PC. When you scan the VM plugins, you have to actually close the software and reopen it for them to show. I don't know why. But if you just scan them and immediatly try to open them, they are not shown. So scan, close software, reopen software, insert! 8)
By THE ADVERSARY Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:01 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Not working for me on a virgin 1.7 install, Mac Mavericks. Scanned and restarted software several times.

Did you see the post about having to get it working on 1.6 first before going to 1.7?

MPCWeapon1 wrote:Well hopefully you have your original install disk because what you're going to have to do is uninstall 1.7 and you might have to go to your application support folder and trash that AKAI folder and empty the trash. Then Reinstall the MPC Software..you still should have the 1.6 Zip file. Do the 1.6 update. Then do the vintage

By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:33 pm
THE ADVERSARY wrote:Did you see the post about having to get it working on 1.6 first before going to 1.7?

Yes, I was responding to Hellfire's recent post about it working just by re-scanning and rebooting 1.7 - thats not working for me.

There has to be a way to avoid requiring going back to 1.6 temporarily. I'm wondering, installed plug ins are listed in the MPC.settings file which is just a plain text file. Each plug entry looks like this:

Code: Select all<PLUGIN name="Maschine" format="VST" category="Effect" manufacturer="Native Instruments GmbH"
              version="V1.8.2.0" file="/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Maschine FX.vst"
              uid="4e694d55" isInstrument="0" fileTime="138ecbbc508" numInputs="8"
              numOutputs="32" isShell="0"/>

So perhaps the vintage VST info could be manually added here?