Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500

By PhonoquO Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:12 am
In general, those who are whining about a product they haven't even tried shouldn't even be commenting. The 500 seems to have been created to fill a niche in the akai line that has been lacking for 20 years-a portable that runs on batteries, is compatible with other models, and still has that mpc timing. Anybody who complains about a screen, never understood this concept from the beginning. :shock:

By INA Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:41 am
solah wrote:I just ordered mine.

I just came back from a trip in africa and i come back to this, man if i had this back in africa i know i could of came up with dope ****...All I took was my 303 and my Numark port.

I can see everyone there waiting all the night for the BD explosssion...

I thought the same, my mpc and my 303.

For my next travel to Senegal:

-tb 303
-mpc500
-The midi to sync transformer.
-sony mdr7509 (for the 303)
-sony mdr7509 (for the mpc)
-An extra couple of ears
-Or a portable battery feeded mixer.
-A Duracell container.

8)

Really portable.

I really think this machine will rock alone in most of times, and will do it great, for sure. The same concept as 303: "huge sound coming out from a pockt toy"

That's addictive

By jahrome Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:04 pm
Just came from GC...they tried to punk me :?

They didn't have an MPC 500 on display..but had a few behind the counter in boxes. They wouldn't open up the box to let me take a look at it :twisted: Obviously, they didn't want my business so I left. Now I know why I don't buy shit in the US and stick with my Japanese contacts that show a brother more respect. I was going to buy one for no other reason..just because its new..now..funk it. I already have 2 MPCs...I just wanted another for a conversation topic.... :wink:

I will wait a few weeks..and get one for my birthday...

By sensei Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:44 pm
Can you record samples while the sequence is playing ala MPC1000 and 2500?

Does it have direct monitoring?

By cre8tive Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:49 am
sensei wrote:Can you record samples while the sequence is playing ala MPC1000 and 2500?

Does it have direct monitoring?

RTFM

By udenjoe Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:52 am
INA wrote:For my next travel to Senegal:

-tb 303
-mpc500
-The midi to sync transformer.
-sony mdr7509 (for the 303)
-sony mdr7509 (for the mpc)
-An extra couple of ears
-Or a portable battery feeded mixer.
-A Duracell container.

No mic? I read a story in TapeOp Nov/Dec '05 about these cats who recorded and made a record on the streets of Senegal. They just found the local MCs there and recorded them out in the open. They don't have many studios there, not to mention censorship.

By Mind Reader Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:48 am
jahrome wrote:Just came from GC...they tried to punk me :?

They didn't have an MPC 500 on display..but had a few behind the counter in boxes. They wouldn't open up the box to let me take a look at it :twisted: Obviously, they didn't want my business so I left. Now I know why I don't buy **** in the US and stick with my Japanese contacts that show a brother more respect. I was going to buy one for no other reason..just because its new..now..funk it. I already have 2 MPCs...I just wanted another for a conversation topic.... :wink:

I will wait a few weeks..and get one for my birthday...

GC definitely got some lame ass employees. I walked in in before this couple around their 30's, to get a digital recorder, the Roland VS type, and the GC walked right passed me, towards them :evil:. They were looking at some high end gear, like they were gonna buy something, clueless, and of course, left with nothing. I spent about 15 mins. there and left, trying to get someones attention, of course everyone standing there looking at the ceiling, and tried to catch me before I left. Anyway, I'ma come back and try to ask some dumb questions about the MPC 500, just to annoy those retards.

By mindcontrol Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:56 am
I already have 2 MPCs...I just wanted another for a conversation topic....

wow. and here i am trying to get my hands on one mpc. while others buy them just so they can have something to talk about on a forum

*dies*

By jahrome Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:13 pm
mindcontrol wrote:
wow. and here i am trying to get my hands on one mpc. while others buy them just so they can have something to talk about on a forum

*dies*

You will be doing the same thing before long. I remember spending everything I had on my first MPC. I had to get a second job.

By Yoshimi Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:43 pm
Mind Reader wrote:
GC definitely got some lame ass employees. I walked in in before this couple around their 30's, to get a digital recorder, the Roland VS type, and the GC walked right passed me, towards them :evil:. They were looking at some high end gear, like they were gonna buy something, clueless, and of course, left with nothing. I spent about 15 mins. there and left, trying to get someones attention, of course everyone standing there looking at the ceiling, and tried to catch me before I left. Anyway, I'ma come back and try to ask some dumb questions about the MPC 500, just to annoy those retards.

I used to get this when I was 20 and into photography...I liked a certain expensive camera company and when i went to look...they would always be annoyed like I could never possibly afford the cameras... one day, I whipped out a wad of cash...like $2000 and said to the guy that if he wasn't such a dick he could have had the cash. Oh course his attitude changed, but I left and went elsewhere.

By Yoshimi Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:44 pm
mindcontrol wrote:
I already have 2 MPCs...I just wanted another for a conversation topic....

*dies*

Don't you have a job? Can't you apply for a better one?

By jahrome Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:50 pm
Just to be clear....I am just joking with many comments about why the 1000 suks (except the pads) and comments unrelated to MPCs.....

I do know that everybody can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars on a drum machine..especially since it will not generate much income for most.

Having a job and/or finding another one (especially to buy an MPC) is not always possible for many......

My two and a half...

By Yoshimi Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:55 pm
jahrome wrote:
Having a job and/or finding another one (especially to buy an MPC) is not always possible for many......

My two and a half...

True, but it is possible for many who complain as well. I mean, I do without alot of things (car, house) to have this equipment and am lucky enough to have an above average job. I have no wife and kids yet... though I have a serious girlfriend of over 5 years and she has a son. Once I move in with her...my priority and financial situation will change and I will not have as much loot for gear.