Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By DrNibbert Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:30 pm
Hey everybody!

I got a little problem with my MPC 1000 (JJ OS 2 XL).
Sometimes i power on my mpc, everything looks normal, then i want to play any sound but there is none. Everything looks just like normal, except that there is simply no sound (not from the main-outs neither the Headphone or the Indiv. Outs) coming from the MPC.
After powering off and restarting the device it all works fine again.

Anyone has the same problem?
By kvmoore Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:08 am
I'm glad you brought this up.

This happened to me just once. For a minute, I thought I was going crazy was what trying to figure out what the heck was going one. I just turned it off and powered it back up and everything was fine afterwards. At least it's not just me.

I wonder what caused this to happen?

I hope it doesn't do it again!!!
By DrNibbert Sat May 30, 2009 7:07 am
Damn, yesterday it did it again :evil:
Imagine it would happen on a gig... "oh, everybody, we got to wait several minutes until our drummschine has rebootet and loded all the samples...." :oops:

Nobody else has this problem?!

I got the Red/Blue-Version of the MPC, 128mb, HD, JJ OS 2XL latest Version...
By Sooty_G Sat May 30, 2009 8:28 pm
i've had this happen to me on occasion. i've also noticed that it will only happen on certain projects and on those projects it will happen every time (meaning, it's a repeatable bug and has something to do with that project and is not just random thing).

the way i fix it: you don't have to power down your mpc, just reload the project. the second time you load it, it should work.
By WaverTapes Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:46 am
It's been a while since this question was first asked - but I am having the same exact problem.

I'm running JJ OS2XL. I turn it on and no sound from anything, OUTS or headphones.

I've turned it on and off a bunch of time, loaded different samples and projects - but nothing seems to work.

Some strange things - I seem to hear the hard drive spinning through the headphones - which I'm not sure if I used to hear that.

Also, when I plugged the MPC into my audio interface, it lit up the input level, even though it wasn't making a sound. I tried different cables and different inputs, and all did the same exact thing.

Also, I accidentally plugged my synth into the Stereo Out (was aiming for the Record In) and I heard the synth! I'm not sure if that normally happens, but it did this time.

I've been using this thing for 10 years. Haven't turned it on for about 6 months, but everything looks fine.

The other thing to add was I just installed a new PCB board from MPS-Stuff. Since then I haven't gotten any sound.

Any ideas on what to try next?