Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Airfixx Mon May 18, 2009 12:51 pm
I've been the happy owner of an MPC2500 for the last year and a half and my only real complaint is that a fair few of the more commonly used buttons rae or indeed have worn out to the point - Mode, Undo, F 1-6 etc. - that I need to hit them rather agressively in order to initiate the respective function....

1. Does anyone have any experience of succesfully repairing buttons themselves?

...Or is this a "must get done by Akai" kind of job which will pressumably cost a disproportionate amount of money?

2. ANy UK users out there have any recommendations for UK based independent repair centres?

Many thanks in advance....
By Fatt Laced Wed May 20, 2009 4:56 pm
yeah im in the same boat too. what happens is the button itself snaps on the two top corners, weak points.
i got my black pads,sliders,knobs for my 25k & xl cf reader +sliver se screen from mpcstuff.com, arrived today in only 6 or 7 days. word!

i also got the whole right board which i hoped would fix all my transport/mode/bar buttons/noizy volume pot/d-wheel, but after taking her top off i realised that theres nothing wrong with the sensors at all, but its the button itself that is made like a snap off model plane kit.!!

i took some photos on my phone for yall to see, but cant get them off the damn thing. put em up soon, you can see the other buttons about to snap too.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=114627

i found these 2 days after i ordered. i gotsa get these now.

peace
By Fatt Laced Thu May 21, 2009 2:00 pm
what i did lastnight was swap all the good buttons onto the ones i use the most,
it feels alot newer and fixes the problem..

when taking the buttons off you squeeze and push down a little to pull them off.

i also swapped out the nemeric buttons & pads from my xl to the 25k & vice versa
yeeeh boi!
By That-1-DJ Thu May 21, 2009 10:38 pm
Man, Just another way for AKAI to cut cost by using those cheap @ss buttons. I need need to order a complete set for mine, Just in case.