NewbMpcGuy wrote:I'm looking to get a mixer for my small set up. I have a turntable and a 1k and was wondering if ZED-10FX would be a decent choice. I want to be able to mix my samples before they get to the 1k and also mix my beats back out with this mixer. I also like the size of the ZED, it works well with the limited desk space I have atm. Any advice? Would this mixer work with my requirements? Thanks in advance.
The ZED-10FX will work fine, however it does not have a phono input, for your turntable. Therefore you'll need a DI box to get it to line level, before going into the ZED. Look into getting a small two channel DJ mixer or a Radial: J33 Phono Preamp & DI. Link: http://www.radialeng.com/product/j33
Also depending on the turntable you have. If the TT, has a phono to line switch on it. You won't need a DJ Mixer or DI box.
1. For sampling: Turntable (Built in Line/Phono Switch) to MPC 1000
2. For sampling: Turntable to DJ Mixer to MPC 1000
3. For sampling: Turntable to Radial J33 to MPC 1000
4. For sampling: Turntable to Radial J33 to ZED (For EQing) to MPC 1000
5. For sampling: Turntable to DJ Mixer to ZED to MPC 1000
For mixing: MPC 1000 (4 outputs) to ZED Mixer.