For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By dalkore Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:07 am
renegadebliss wrote:
dalkore wrote:
Thank you for the feedback. With your comment I am going to get the 2600 cart, manual and OS upgrade. I guess they must upgrade the OS through a cartridge also.

-Dal

The OS upgrade is essential without ATC-1 OS 2.3 if you have a remote editor, you can't save changes that were done remotely until OS 2.3...

Dave

Can you explain what a remote editors does with the ATC-1? Sorry but I would RTFM if I had one :).

By renegadebliss Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:49 pm
dalkore wrote:
Can you explain what a remote editors does with the ATC-1? Sorry but I would RTFM if I had one :).

Yea... SE charges for the Manual...

The ATC-1 has the same interface as the Moog Source. 1 Knob and a bunch of Membrane buttons to pick what the Knob is doing.

My Remote Midi Controller is a BCR-2000 which as 32 knobs and 24 buttons that are available from the front panel. This allows me to use the BCR-2000 to program the synth. I can tweak the Filter Cutoff, the Amp Enveloper Release and Filter Envelope Decay at the same time. With the ATC's UI this isn't possible without a remote editor.

This method of remote programming has been available throughout the older OS's but if you went to save a patch on the ATC-1 of what you had done, it wouldn't save any changes. Until OS 2.3 it would only save patches that were created on the Front Panel UI of the ATC-1 iteself...

Hope that helps..

Dave

By dalkore Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:24 am
Dave.

Thank you and yes very much so. Would you recommend the BCR-2000 for my midi controller or is there a better option?

-Dal

By renegadebliss Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:57 pm
dalkore wrote:Dave.

Thank you and yes very much so. Would you recommend the BCR-2000 for my midi controller or is there a better option?

-Dal

I've never been a big fan of Behringer, but I can say that I do like this product. I wouldn't by it for the support, but for the product itself
it works like a charm. The top 8 rows of Knobs are also push detented
so you can push them to get the same type of options that you get with the buttons, plus there's 4 banks for the top row, so you pretty much have 24 knobs below with 16 buttons and 32 knobs/push buttons using the top 8 knobs with banks. So you can almost get the entire ATC-1's remote Midi editing
on 1 preset.

The other benefit for the BCR is that it supports sysex for all of the knobs.
You can't program it through Behringers editors, but with the editors that are in the Yahoo groups files section, you can program in most sysex codes. Which has allowed me to not have to take my MKS-50's PG-300 when I have live gigs.

Dave

By dalkore Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:54 am
Well I am going to take your suggestion and look into purchasing one of these.

-Dal