Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By -niN Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:18 am
what can it do? Is it for sampling purposes? or burning?? Does it work out well??
By selecta jo Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:05 am
the original akai cd-m25 is a cd/dvd drive that can turn your mpc into a really expensive cd player.
you can use it to sample from commercial music cds as well as import whole songs.
you can use it to import samples from commercial sample cds as long as they are 16bit/44khz.
you can use cd/r cd/rw and dvd/r to import any samples you burned from a computer.
you can use it to burn your finished beats or songs to a cd/r cd/rw.
you can add as many tracks as you want, then finish the cd which then can be played in any cd player.

the bad things: the drive is noisy, but it stops spinning if you are not using it.
you can not use it to burn data backup from your internal harddrive (maybe akai will implement this
function to a future os upgrade).
you can not transfer files directly from the cd to the hdd or the cf card because these devices share the
same interface and could only be used one at a time.

peace jo
By Justin Valentino Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:25 am
Hi,

I was just reading the info you left & was just wondering, the bad things you have
pointed out about the cd drive, do you know if the JJ OS will help get rid of the bads things or would there be no difference.

Thanks
Justin
By -niN Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:31 pm
Thanks for the information. All I needed to know :D
So that means in theory that I could sample my own shit that I've made with fruity loops and rearange it in my MPC?
By _Stilo_ Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:01 pm
-niN wrote:So that means in theory that I could sample my own **** that I've made with fruity loops and rearange it in my MPC?

That you can also do without the CD drive...
By -niN Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:37 pm
you mean via usb port??

And another thing: does it have to be the original akai discdrive or can you use any old discdrive??
thanxx :arrow:
By EducatedHands Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:29 pm
i use mine a lot for importing songs to sample from. lately more so than vinyl.
By _Stilo_ Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:57 pm
-niN wrote:you mean via usb port??

It's a sampler...guess what the Record In plugs in the back are for.

No seriously, you can use USB, a CF card, or simply record what you want. The CD drive is pretty useless in my opinion unless you carry your MPC around a lot without access to a PC.

-niN wrote:And another thing: does it have to be the original akai discdrive or can you use any old discdrive??

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=69586&hilit=+drive

At your own risk...
By f1rst_born Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:20 pm
Hey thanks for the information in these posts.

Regarding importing whole songs from audio CDs, does the 2500 have much memory capacity to hold them? I thought it had only about 128mb ram?